Subject: Discovering Shiraz
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18301      Publish Date : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 Visit : 32685 

Discovering Shiraz 

About shiraz 
This page is about Shiraz, the cultural capital of Iran 

Discovering Shiraz

 

Shiraz is located in Fars province in southwest Iran. In addition to
its fame for being a major hub of "Electronic Industries" as well as
"Medicine” in Iran, Shiraz is known as the “Cultural Capital” of Iran,
which is inhabited by different ethnic groups. Shiraz is regarded as
the “Paradise of the Tourists”. Its geographical features provide for a
range of activities including skiing in the winter resorts just some
kilometers away, mountain climbing, and hiking in the woods. There are
also many places which serve as picnic sites. One can enjoy various
water bodies such as a seasonal river, the Salt Lake, and some springs
too. Annually, Shiraz receives a huge number of guests from all over
the country and across the world. Shiraz is famous for its wonderful
Gardens; however, it can be visited for a diversity of purposes. You
can find history, religion, culture, and nature all in here, and you
should definitely not miss May in Shiraz.

 
Shahecheragh Shiraz-Iran

Shahecheragh Shiraz-Iran

Nasirolmolk Mosque Shiraz-Iran

Nasirolmolk Mosque Shiraz-Iran

Among religious sights is Shahcheragh Shrine, housing the tomb of Ahmad
ebne Musa, the brother of the eighth Imam Ali ebne Musa al-Reza, Vakil
mosque, Nasir-ol-molk mosque, and Jame Atiq mosque. The splendid
ornament and decoration found in these places impress any visitor. In
Shahcheragh Shrine, for instance, the peaceful atmosphere is augmented
with eye-catching mirror work all over the place. The other religious
sight is Nasir-ol-molk mosque which charms the viewers by its colorful
glass windows especially when the sun shines through them. 

Persepolis 70km North East of Shiraz- Iran

Persepolis 70km North East of Shiraz- Iran

  

 

One popular tourist attraction is Persepolis or Takhte Jamshid.
Situated on a large platform on the top of Rahmat Mountain, Persepolis
is an excellent manifestation of the creative art of Iranian
architects. The glorious palaces of Persepolis were built over 150
years, starting in 521 B.C. Reliefs, carvings, and stone tablets with
inscriptions on them in Ancient Persian, Elamite and Babylonian
languages and cuneiform alphabet express the dignity of Achaemenid
dynasty and retell their stories.

Tomb of Cyrus the Great 90km North East of Shiraz-Iran

Tomb of Cyrus the Great 90km North East of Shiraz-Iran

 

Another sight attributed to Achaemenid era is Pasargad, which lies 43
Kilometers to the north of Persepolis. Pasargad was the first capital
of the Achaemenid dynasty built in the reign of Cyrus the Great (559–530
BC). The main structure found in Pasargad is the tomb of Cyrus the
Great.

 

 Shapouri House Shiraz-Iran

Shapouri House Shiraz-Iran

 

Eram Garden shiraz-Iran

Eram Garden shiraz-Iran

 

Gardens and old houses of well-known people are some common
destinations for tourists in Shiraz. They usually favor extraordinary
architecture. In general, geometry plays a significant role in Iranian
architecture. These houses and buildings in the gardens, like any other
Iranian construction follow certain geometrical patterns. One element
that these structures have in common is a pool in the center of the
yard or garden. Delgosha garden, Afif abad garden, Eram garden and
Janat garden are examples of renowned gardens. Zinatolmolk house,
Narenjestane Ghavam, and Shapoori house are some of old houses in
Shiraz.

Hafez Tomb Shiraz-Iran

Hafez Tomb Shiraz-Iran

 

Shiraz is also famous for being the city of poets, who were inspired by
beautiful gardens of the city. Saadi, and Hafez are two most popular
poets of Shiraz and Iran. Today, many people from all over the world
come to visit their tombs. Visitors to Hafez tomb will normally face a
place filled with flowers and trees, where traditional Iranian music is
being played and people of different ages are reciting some sonnets of
Hafez.

If you are interested in learning more about Shiraz please click here
<https://www.fafarschto.ir/indexen.html> .