Subject: Short-Term Training Programs
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18315      Publish Date : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 Visit : 24600 

Non-Degree Programs | Short-Term Training Programs 

Short-Term Training Courses 

SUMS' Short-Term Training Programs

 

SUMS- Short -Term Programs 

 

At SUMS, there are a number of Short-Term Training Programs that
international students have the opportunity to participate in.
Short-term Training Programs can range from 1 week to 6 months or more
but tend to be less than a year. Such courses are offered predominantly
all year round and are run by a range of different faculties at SUMS’
departments. With decades of experience hosting enthusiastic learners
from around the world, SUMS can help you make the most of your short
time in Iran and dive into your area of study in a whole new way.
Short-term training programs offered by SUMS provide international
students the opportunity to experience the most recent theoretical and
practical instructions leading to gaining expertise in a specific field
based on their intended area of interest. These shorter-term options
are sometimes all you need to enhance your skill set or quickly react
to the needs of a particular job opening or employer.

Not only does SUMS provide the opportunity for Individual Tutoring
Sessions but it also offers Group Teaching Sessions to prospective
international applicants including individuals, universities,
educational and research centers in addition to governmental and
non-governmental institutions. 

In the following Table, a comprehensive list of Short-Term Training
Programs offered by the University is presented; however, the Table is
consistently updated to fulfill the University’s policy as well as the
applicants’ requisite programs. Upon request of the applicants, SUMS
has also predicted plans to tailor the Short-Term Training Programs to
meet the applicants’ requirements and desired objectives provided that
the proposed programs comply with the University’s possibilities. Thus,
individuals or institutions can propose other Short-Term Training
Programs based on their set of objectives or fields of interest. The
proposed programs, accordingly, are required to be submitted by the
applicants via here
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/form/18479/Recommend-Short-Term-Programs> .

After all, following successful completion of the Short-Term Training
Program/s, the University will grant a certificate of attendance to the
attendees who have successfully passed all the requirements of the
program/s. It is notable that the programs are short-term non-degree
based training program type, so the offered certificate cannot be used
in lieu of a university degree.  

The following Table features the list of SUMS' Short-Term Training
Programs:

Row No.	 Course	 Department	 Duration	 Medium of Instruction
Admission Requirements	 Tuition Fee	 Download	 
1	 Cell Therapy	 Stem Cell Technologies Research Center	 4
Weeks	 English	 
*	Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in biological sciences, medicine,
or a related field.

*	Transcript of records

 $1,700 USD

per 4 weeks(meals and lodging included)

2	 Quality Control of Herbal Medicine and Natural Products
(Instrumental-based)	 Pharmacognosy	 6 Months	 English
*	The Pharmacy doctorate (Pharm. D)
*	Master of Philosophy in chemistry
*	Master of Philosophy in phytochemistry
*	Bachelor's degree in Chemistry

3	 Upskilling and Empowering B.Sc. Nurses Working in NICU
Neonatal and Pediatric Nursing	 4 Weeks	 English	 
*	B.Sc. degree in nursing
*	At least 6 months of work experience in NICU

1500 USD per 4 weeks	 	 

4

Nursing skills 	  Fundamental of Nursing and Medical-Surgical Nursing
4 Weeks	 English	 *	Candidates shall hold a professional
qualification.
*	Applicants who do not meet the entry requirement should contact
the school for advice.

1500 USD per 4 weeks	 	 
5	 Promoting Physiologic Birth	  Midwifery	 30 Days:

*	15 days for theory theoretical training

*	15 days for clinical training

English	 Midwives (Associate, BSc., MSc., or PhD degree) with at least
one year of work experience in labor and delivery room.	 1500 USD per 4
weeks	 	 
6	 HIV/AIDS Health Care & Management

-	 2 Weeks

(70 hrs.)

 

English

Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health Sciences

680 $

for tuition fee, educational materials, coffee break, and lunch

	 
Psycho-Social Aspect of HIV/AIDS

-	 1 Week

(35 hrs.)  

390 $

for tuition fee, educational materials, coffee break, and lunch

Qualitative Research (QR) in High-Risk Population

-	 2 Weeks

(70 hrs.)  

680 $

for tuition fee, educational materials, coffee break, and lunch

Population Size Estimation (PSE) Methods

-	 2 Weeks

(55 hrs.)  

590 $

for tuition fee, educational materials, coffee break, and lunch

HIV/AIDS Surveillance System 	 -	 1 Week

(35 hrs.)  

390 $

for tuition fee, educational materials, coffee break, and lunch

7	 Phacoemulsification Techniques Training
Department of Ophthalmology

3 Months 

English	 *	Most recent academic degree, which is required to be on
ophthalmology
*	Transcript of records

1600 USD per 3 months	 	 
8	 International Course for Sleep Technologists ICST-Shiraz
(2020)	 Neuroscience	 3 Months	 English	 

*	B.Sc./M.Sc./ M.Sc. students in Allied Medical Sciences
*	Medical Students
*	Registered Nurses

1450 USD per 3 months

9	 Shiraz Annual Epilepsy School (Semiology-EEG)	 Epilepsy
Research Center 	 3 days 	 English and Persian 	 
*	Neurologists 
*	Neurology residents 

300 USD	 	 
10	 A Practical Introduction to Persian Medicine (PM)
Research Centre for Traditional Medicine and History of Medicine
2 weeks 	 English 	 
*	Doctor of Medicine (M.D.)
*	Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S.)

600 USD	 	 

Please note that the above Table is being regularly updated.

To apply to SUMS' Short-Term Training programs either as an individual
or as an institution please click here:

 <http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/login/menu/18463> 

For more information please see the links below:

SUMS' Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) Program
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18373/Medical-Doctor--M-D--> 

SUMS' Doctor of Dental Medicine (D.M.D.) Program
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18372/Doctor-of-Dental-surgery--D-D-S-->
SUMS' Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) Program
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18356/Pharmacy-Doctor--Pharm--D--> 

SUMS' Undergraduate Programs
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/UniversityStudy/18424/Undergraduate> 

SUMS' Master Programs
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/UniversityStudy/18459/M-Sc-> 

SUMS' Ph.D. Programs
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18407/SUMS-Graduate-Announcement-for-Bas
ic-Sciences-Ph--D--Program> 

SUMS' Specialty, Subspecialty, Fellowship Programs
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18406/SUMS-Announcement-for-Specialty--S
ubspecialty-and-Fellowship-Programs>