Subject: Admissions Guidelines
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18318      Publish Date : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 Visit : 28325 

Admissions Guidelines 

Admissions Guidelines 

SUMS Admissions Guidelines

 

As a student at Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS), you will
have the opportunity to explore your potential skills in the field of
medicine through theoretical as well as practical experience that you
can gather here. So, in case you are thinking of joining us, here is
some useful information which can help you go through the application
process easily:

Before You Apply 

You can learn about the necessary qualifications an applicant should
exhibit and the necessary documents for application to the Shiraz
University of Medical Sciences before you start the application
process. Please check out that information in the Requirements
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18326/Undergraduate>  section, and
consider all the requirements prior to your application in order to
avoid incomplete application. These documents should be sent with PDF
extensions, the maximum size of which should not exceed 3 MB; they
should not be locked either. 

 

Application Deadline 

Applications to SUMS are open all year round. Applicants are required
to submit their applications online. So, any document sent by post will
be ignored. Please note that your document materials must reach our
office early enough in order for them to be considered in the admission
procedure of relevant semester. 

How to Apply 

We only accept applications submitted online. Please go to the
Application Form <http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18469/Apply-to-SUMS>
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/form/18404/Apply-To-SUMS> to begin the
application procedure. Once you have applied online, we will review
your application closely at the Office of Admissions and inform you
about the results through an email. Please note that SUMS does not
charge you an application fee at all.

Already Admitted 

After being admitted to the Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, you
will be enrolled to the University. Once you are admitted, have
received your visa and entered the country, you will be introduced to
the Office of Educational Affairs at the University to complete your
registration process and pay the annual tuition fee. Note that
withdrawing from studies can cost you the whole annual tuition fee as
well as relevant fines (such as accommodation, utilities, internet,
health insurance, and registration fees) according to the University
regulations.

Each year, the Office of Admissions selects some potential candidates
according to their qualifications and distributes the scholarships
among them. Please refer to the scholarship
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18321/Financial-Aid>  section for
further information.

Who can apply?

Only non-Iranian students can apply to SUMS International Education
Program (IEP).

*	 Important notice: Iranian citizens and Iranian applicants who
hold dual citizenship cannot apply to SUMS International Education
Program (IEP). They must sit the National Entrance Examination
(Konkur).