Subject: Tuition, Fees and Expenses
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18320      Publish Date : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 Visit : 89037 

Tuition, Fees and Expenses 

Tuition, Fees and Expenses 
This page contains some information on SUMS tuition, fees and expenses. 

Tuition Fees and Expenses for Academic Year 2025-2026

Although Shiraz is one of the largest cities in Iran, cost of living
here is almost affordable. This makes Shiraz a perfect destination for
students. However, as an international student, you need to verify that
you have the funds for your tuition and living costs during your stay
as a student. You might either introduce a sponsor who will pay for
your expenses, or you will afford the costs yourself.

Table of Expenses

The following is the list of expenses for students admitted to Shiraz
University of Medical Sciences (SUMS). Note that all the following are
valid only for the academic year 2025-2026. Please note that ALL
expenses including the tuition fee, are to be paid in its entirety at
the beginning of each academic year.

Table of Expenses

Tuition and Expenses	 Payment Amount

(U.S dollar)

Payment Type	 
Furnished Accommodation
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18361/Accommodations> *

2160**

 Yearly

Insurance <http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18364/Healthcare-Insurance-> 

100

 Yearly

Tuition Fee

Listed in the Following Tables

-

 Total

2260+Tuition Fee

-

* Two/three students will be accommodated in each room. University may
ask students to change their dorm/room under special circumstances with
a prior notice. Seniors will be given the priority to choose their
dorm/room. All students residing at SUMS residence halls are charged a
nominal fee for utility expenses covering gas, water, and electricity;
however, they are earnestly asked to be considerate of energy
conservation and in case of excessive utility usage, they shall satisfy
the extra costs reasonably determined by the University.

** Per the decision of IEP Council, this fee has been waived for the
year 2025.

Note: Shiraz University of Medical Sciences will award a variety of
scholarships. All international students are eligible to apply for
these scholarships. To see complete information regarding SUMS
scholarships, please click here
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18854/Financial-Aid-and-Scholarships> .

Tuition Fees

Tuition costs vary depending on the degree program you will be
studying. Tuition fees for each program are set out in the tables below:

Tuition Fees for Undergraduate Programs

School

Degree Programs

Duration

Annual Tuition (USD)

Medicine

Doctor of Medicine (M.D.)

 7 years

6000

Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S.)

5.5 years

6000

Dentistry

Doctor of Dental Medicine (D.M.D.)

 6 years

6000

Pharmacy

Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.)

 5-6 years

6000

Other

Bachelor's Program

 4 years

4000

 

Tuition Fees for Graduate Programs

Degree Programs

Duration

(years)

Annual Tuition (USD)

Master’s Programs (M.Sc./M.P.H.)

2-3

5000*

Ph.D. Programs

3-5

5000*

Specialty 

3-5

6000**

Subspecialty

2-3

6000**

Fellowship

1.5-2

 6000**

*The annual tuition fee is subject to tuition waivers upon the approval
by the department and the International Education Council (IEC).

** Full or partial tuition waivers are available upon request and
approval by the respective department and the IEC.

Tuition Fees for Non-Degree Programs

Degree Programs

Duration

(years)

Tuition (USD)

Post-Doctorate

Determined by the Department

Determined by the Department

Short-Term Training Program

Determined by the Department

Determined by the Department

Medical Elective (Clinical Rotation/Internships)

4-16 Weeks

500.00 per Month

Summer Program

Determined by the Department

Determined by the Department

 

Tuition and Fees Refund Policy

Students who may decide to withdraw permanently from studies at any
point in the academic year will be liable to pay ALL the fees
(including tuition fee, accommodation fee, insurance fee, etc.).
Moreover, making any changes to your course will have implications on
your visa status and such students must leave the country immediately
after finishing the check-out process at the Office of Vice Chancellor
for Global Strategies and International Affairs (GSIA).

For more information please see the links below:

SUMS Financial Aid and Scholarships
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18321/Financial-Aid> 

SUMS Housing and Accommodations
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18361/Accommodations>