Subject: Tuition, Fees and Expenses
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18320      Publish Date : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 Visit : 91234 

Tuition, Fees and Expenses 

Tuition, Fees and Expenses 
This page contains some information on SUMS tuition, fees and expenses. 

Tuition Fees and Expenses for Academic Year 2026-2027

Shiraz is one of Iran’s largest and most vibrant cities with relatively
affordable cost of living, which makes it an excellent choice for
international students. Its combination of academic opportunity,
cultural richness, pleasant weather, and manageable living expenses
creates an ideal environment for international study. To ensure a
smooth and successful experience, international applicants are required
to demonstrate that they have sufficient financial resources to cover
tuition and living expenses throughout their studies. This can be done
either by providing evidence of personal funds or by introducing a
sponsor who will support these costs.

Table of Expenses

The following is a list of expenses for students admitted to Shiraz
University of Medical Sciences (SUMS). Please note that all fees listed
are applicable only for the 2026–2027 academic year. All expenses,
including tuition fees, must be paid in its entirety at the beginning
of each academic year.

Table of Expenses

Tuition and Expenses

Payment Amount

(U.S dollar)

Payment Type	 
Tuition

Listed in the Following Tables

 -

First Airport Pickup from Shiraz International Airport (available for
students arriving in groups)

10

(Waived for all Students this year)

 Only once

Registration

50

Only once

English Placement Test	 50	 Only once	 
Insurance	 100	 Yearly	 
 Furnished Accommodation*

1500(Triple) / 1900(Double)

Yearly

* The annual cost for a double room is USD 1,900, and for a triple room
is USD 1,500.

Students may also be offered a single room at an annual cost of USD
3,600.

Subject to availability and upon request, students may choose a single,
double, or triple room; however, senior students will be given priority
in dormitory and room selection. Please note that, under special
circumstances, the University reserves the right to reassign students
to a different dormitory or room with prior notice.

All students residing at SUMS residence halls are charged a nominal fee
for utility expenses covering gas, water, and electricity; however,
they are earnestly asked to be considerate of energy conservation and
in case of excessive utility usage, they shall satisfy the extra costs
reasonably determined by the University.

Note 1: Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS) offers various
scholarships to eligible international students pursuing undergraduate
programs in M.B.B.S., M.D., Pharm.D., and D.M.D. For detailed
information regarding our scholarship programs and application
requirements, please click here
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18321/Financial-Aid-and-Scholarships> .

Note 2: All medical students are required to learn Persian and pass a
national Persian language proficiency examination before commencing the
clinical stage of their studies. Information regarding available
Persian language course packages and their associated costs will be
provided upon arrival at SUMS.

Tuition Fees

Tuition fees vary depending on your chosen degree program. A detailed
breakdown of costs for each program is provided in the tables below:

Tuition Fees for Undergraduate Programs

School

Degree Programs

Duration

Annual Tuition (USD)

Special Tuition Fee*	 
Medicine

Doctor of Medicine (M.D.)

 7 years

6000

4980**

Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S.)

5.5 years

6000

Pharmacy

Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.)

 5-6 years

6000

Dentistry	 Doctor of Dental Medicine (D.M.D.)	 6 years
6000	 -	 
Other

Bachelor's Program**

 4 years

4000

-	 

* This special tuition rate applies to students enrolling in the 2026
academic year and remains effective for the duration of their study. 

** Scholarship opportunities are available. Please refer to Note 1 for
further details.

 *** The annual tuition fee may be reduced, subject to approval by the
department, based on academic performance, and by the International
Education Council (IEC). Please note that SUMS does not offer a full
tuition waiver.

Tuition Fees for Graduate Programs

Degree Programs

Duration

(years)

Annual Tuition (USD)

Master’s Programs (M.Sc./M.P.H.)

2-3

5000*

Ph.D. Programs

3-5

5000*

Specialty 

3-5

6000*

subspecialty

2-3

6000*

Fellowship

1.5-2

 6000*

* The annual tuition fee may be reduced, subject to approval by the
department, based on academic performance, and by the International
Education Council (IEC). Please note that SUMS does not offer a full
tuition waiver.

Tuition Fees for Non-Degree Programs

Degree Programs

Duration

(years)

Tuition (USD)

Post-Doctorate

Determined by the Department

Determined by the Department

Short-Term Training Program

Determined by the Department

Determined by the Department

Medical Elective (Clinical Rotation/Internships)

4-16 Weeks

500.00 per Month

Summer Program

Determined by the Department

Determined by the Department

 

Tuition and Fees Refund Policy

Students who withdraw permanently from their studies, at any point
during the academic year, remain liable for all applicable fees
including tuition, accommodation, insurance, and any other charges.

For more information please see the links below:

SUMS Financial Aid and Scholarships
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18321/Financial-Aid-and-Scholarships> 

SUMS Housing and Accommodations
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18361/Accommodations>