Subject: Graduate
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18327      Publish Date : Thursday, July 30, 2015 Visit : 22870 

Graduate 

Graduate Requirements 

SUMS Requirements for Graduate Admission

 

Graduate requirements at Shiraz University of Medical Sciences

Prospective postgraduate students to SUMS might wish at broadening
their academic knowledge and becoming professional leaders. So, we
encourage all applicants to apply to SUMS. Before you fill in the
online application form, make sure that you exhibit the required
qualifications and hold the essential documents. As a graduate
applicant, you should meet certain requirements depending on the
program you are applying for. The list below outlines required
documents for graduate application to SUMS:

*	A satisfactory academic record: Applicants must obtain a record
of transcripts from the institution they have attended. There is no
minimum required GPA to secure admission to a graduate program.
However, competitive applicants have the GPA of 3.00 or above.
*	Graduation Degrees and Certificates:

     a)    B.Sc. and secondary school or equivalent certificates for
the applicants of M.Sc. degree.

     b)    M.Sc. and B.Sc. or equivalent certificates for the
applicants of Ph.D. degree.

     c)    M.B.B.S./M.D. or equivalent certificates for the applicants
of Specialty Programs

     d)    M.B.B.S./M.D. and specialty or equivalent certificates for
Subspecialty or Fellowship  Programs.

     e)    Certificate of Internship or Certificate of Practice for the
applicants of Specialty, Subspecialty and Fellowship degrees.

 

*	 Curriculum Vitae (CV)
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18457/CV-Template-and-Instructions> :
This includes your personal information as well as your education
background and work experience.
*	 Cover Letter:
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18458/Cover-Letter-Template-and-Instruct
ions>  This letter demonstrates which program you are deciding to apply
for.
*	Two letters of recommendation
*	 Scanned copy of the main page of your passport in high quality
in any graphic format (PDF, JPEG, and PNG)
*	 Passport-size photo
*	 Language requirements: Evidence of English Proficiency on the
TOEFL or IELTS tests. The minimum score for TOEFL PBT, TOEFL iBT and
IELTS is 533, 72 and 5.5 respectively.

Note 1: Applicants who have failed to meet minimum language
requirements are allowed to apply as well. In case they are admitted to
SUMS, they will undergo a language placement test at their arrival for
assessment of their ability of speaking and reading English and
Persian. Then, they should participate in language courses based on
their level of performance on this test. They will also be given the
chance of presenting their TOEFL or IELTS test scores during one year
period.

Note 2: Applicants from Persian (Farsi) Speaking countries (they shall
both speak and write in Persian) who have applied for graduate
degree-based programs may be exempted, based on the decision of the
department, from submitting any certificates regarding their English
Language Proficiency. Nevertheless, they are required to hand in their
English language certificate which meets SUMS’ minimal language
proficiency requirements, within one year from commencing their studies
at SUMS.

 

*	Iranian citizens and Iranian applicants who hold dual
citizenship cannot apply to SUMS International Education Program (IEP).
They must sit the National Entrance Examination (Konkur).
*	Each academic year consists of 2 semesters and a summer break.
The fall and winter semesters begin in September and February
respectively.
*	SUMS provides single undergraduate students with dormitory
rooms and apartments, which are fully furnished  and include Wi-Fi
internet, utilities, TV, etc.