Subject: Visa Affairs
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18333      Publish Date : Thursday, July 30, 2015 Visit : 14398 

Visa Affairs 

Visa Affairs 

 Visa Affairs

 Visa Application

 

As a non-resident international student, you are obliged to get a visa
to enter Iran. Since visa application might be a complicated procedure
for you, SUMS assumes the responsibility to apply for the visa process
for all prospective international students, who have been granted
admission to SUMS. The consular affairs that international students
deal with are divided into two phases. The first phase covers the
period prior to your arrival in Iran and the next phase refers to the
time after your arrival.

Before Arrival

Upon receipt of your admission, you are requested to submit the
following items to SUMS via e-mail, so that your visa application
procedure can commence:

*	Passport size photo
*	A scanned copy of the information pages of your passport.
*	Completed visa application form

Visa process can take at least between 6-8 weeks to complete. Each
successful application is assigned a reference number/authorization
code by the Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. You will need the
reference number/authorization code along with your original passport
to collect your visa. Once we receive the reference number/
authorization code, we will forward it to you via email. Then, you
should schedule an appointment with the Iranian embassy or consulate in
your country that you have already determined on your application form.
Carry the obtained visa reference number/ authorization code together
with your passport to the relevant embassy or consulate to collect your
visa.

 

All international students are required to register at the Office of
Consular Affairs (see the location on the map and the address on pp.
17-18) upon their arrival in Shiraz. Students who seek help in consular
issues can consult the Office of Consular Affairs after making
necessary arrangements with the Office of the Vica-Chancellor for
Global Strategies and International Affairs (GSIA) at Shiraz University
of Medical Sciences.  

Requirements for Registration

An introduction letter from the Office of Vice chancellor for Global
Strategies and International Affairs at Shiraz University of Medical
Sciences

*	3 recent photos
*	The original valid passport
*	A copy of main pages of your passport including the visa page

All international students must apply for the student residence permit
within 30 days of their arrival in Shiraz to be allowed to stay in Iran
as an international student.

Requirements for residence permit

*	Certificate of student status
*	3 recent photos
*	The original valid passport
*	A copy of main pages of your passport including the visa page
*	The original deposit receipt of 20,000 Tomans transferred to
the bank account No. given below

If your visa expires before your residence permit is issued, you are
required to extend your entry visa.

 

Requirements for Visa Extension

*	2 recent photos
*	The original valid passport
*	A copy of main pages of your passport including the visa page
*	The original deposit receipt of 6,000 Tomans transferred to the
bank account No. given below

Each time an international student intends to exit Iran for a short or
long time, they must ask for an exit visa.

Requirements for the Exit Visa

*	Certificate of student status
*	2 recent photos
*	Original valid passport
*	A copy of main pages of your passport including the residence
permit page
*	The original deposit receipt of 4,000 Tomans transferred to the
bank account No. given below

*We highly recommend that you refer to the Office of Consular Affairs
10 working days prior to your scheduled departure date.

Student residence permits should be renewed on a yearly basis.

Requirements for Residence Permit Renewal

*	Certificate of student status
*	3 recent photos
*	Original valid passport
*	A copy of main pages of your passport including the residence
permit
*	The original deposit receipt of 20,000 Tomans transferred to
the bank account No. given below

*you are required to consult the Office of Consular Affairs 10 to 15
days before the expiration date of your residence permit.

Important Notice

*	All photos should be 3*4 cm or 6*4 cm in size
*	All payments should be made to the Melli Bank Account No.
2171153009002 under the name of the Police Force of Islamic Republic of
Iran

You can download SUMS Visa Application Form from here.

To download the list of Iranian Embassies worldwide please click here.

To download Visa Guidelines for International Student click here.