Subject: Arrival
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18360      Publish Date : Monday, August 3, 2015 Visit : 17407 

Arrival 

New students Orientation Program 

New Student Orientation (NSO) Program

 

 

Orientation Program at SUMS

In-coming freshman students are mandated to participate in the
orientation program arranged by SUMS. As a new student, you might feel
confused about the new setting where you have entered. Thus, SUMS has
planned this orientation program to help you get acquainted with SUMS
campuses, administration staff and offices, SUMS’ regulations, and some
areas of Shiraz. Besides, during the orientation program, students will
be assigned their own counselor who will support them throughout their
years at SUMS.

Benefits of Attending the Orientation Program at SUMS

*	You will receive support with regard to your banking,
registration procedure, and course selection
*	You will meet a group of fellow incoming international students
who will become your friends
*	You will receive instruction from recognized faculty members  
*	You will be assigned your very own Counselor who will be there
to guide, advise, mentor and to advocate for you throughout your study
at SUMS
*	You will become familiar with your University administration,
campuses, its administration, non-faculty and professional staff
*	You will become familiar with Shiraz and its community via
orientation program trips and activities

Transportation

New international students should plan to arrive early to attend the
Orientation program and to benefit SUMS’ free airport pickup to the
student residence hall. Students will also receive their orientation
schedule and other important documents during residence hall check-in.
Further, during the program, students are picked up from their hall of
residence to the venue and returned to the residence by free university
vehicle.