Subject: Medical Doctor (M.D.) Program Information
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18375      Publish Date : Friday, August 7, 2015 Visit : 11268 

Medical Doctor (M.D.) Program Information 

Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) Program General Information 
This is general information of SUMS Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) Program 

General Information on SUMS Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) Program

 

 

Shiraz School of Medicine, with over 70 years of experience, is one of
the oldest Medical schools in the country and well-known
internationally. It offers a full range of comprehensive programs in
clinical and basic sciences and accepts international students in
Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) program for the upcoming semester.

Medium of Instruction

The major language of instruction for international Doctor of Medicine
(M.D.) program at SUMS during the the first two years of the program is
English. However, due to the fact that communicating with local
patients (in Persian) is an integral part of clinical practice,
students must master Persian language skills including speaking,
writing and reading prior to the start of the Physiopathology stage,
i.e. the 2nd and 3rd year of their studies. Courses are offered in
Persian language during the clinical phase. For more detailed
information please visit the Persian Language requirement page
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18326/Undergraduate> .

Class Location

Shiraz, Iran.

Duration of the Program

The Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) Program at SUMS is an undergraduate
program that takes 7 years to complete, that is, 14 semesters and
consists of pre-clinical and clinical phases. The first 5 semesters
serve as the foundation of basic medical knowledge. The rest of the
program comprises Physiopathology, Studentship, Externship and
Internship periods, taking 12 months, 12 months, 12 months and 18
months, respectively to complete. From the eight semester training is
extended with clinical practice, in which students receive training at
the clinical departments and the teaching hospitals. Upon the
successful completion of the program the title “Doctor of Medicine”
(medical doctor; Dr. Med.) is granted to those who have met all the
requirements of the training.

Application Deadline

July 31, 2026

For more detailed information please check the links below:

Tuition Fees and Expenses
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18320/Tuition-Fees-and-Expenses> 

Financial Aid and Scholarships
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18321/Financial-Aid> 

Requirements <http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18326/Undergraduate>