Subject: Doctor of Dental surgery (D.D.S.) Program Information
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18376      Publish Date : Friday, August 7, 2015 Visit : 4560 

Doctor of Dental surgery (D.D.S.) Program Information 

SUMS Doctor of Dental Medicine (D.M.D.) Program General Information 
This is some General Information on SUMS Doctor of Dental Medicine
(D.M.D.) Program 

General Information on SUMS Doctor of Dental Medicine (D.M.D.) Program

 

Doctor od Dental Medicine (D.M.D.) at SUMS

Shiraz School of Dentistry, founded in 1969, with 97 academic members,
offers a full range of academic courses, including undergraduate and 11
postgraduate programs. It accepts international students in Doctor of
Dental Medicine (D.M.D.) program for the upcoming semester.

 

Language of Instruction

The major language of instruction for international Doctor of Dental
Medicine (D.M.D.) program at SUMS during the pre-clinical phase is
English. However, due to the fact that communicating with local
patients (in Persian) is an integral part of clinical practice,
students must master Persian language skills including speaking,
writing and reading prior to the start of the clinical period, i.e. the
3rd year of their studies. Courses are offered in either English or
Persian during the clinical phase depending on the relevant department’s
decision. For more detailed information please visit the Persian
Language requirement page
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18326/Undergraduate> .

Class Location

Shiraz Iran.

Duration of the Program

The Six-year D.M.D. program (12 semesters) is designed to unify the
basic and clinical sciences, as it is believed that scientific and
professional development cannot be sharply separated but should proceed
concurrently throughout the program. In the first three years the
students are taught basic sciences – medical and dental courses – which
are the foundation of clinical dentistry. From the third year on more
emphasis is placed on the study of dental diseases and their treatment.
The last two years serve the intensive clinical study of each of the
various disciplines of dentistry with emphasis on the assessment and
management of patients. Furthermore, in the final year students
participate in elective programs, clinical conferences and
hospital-based practices. After the successful completion of the
program, students are awarded the title Doctor (dentist; D.M.D.).
Teaching is performed at the departments of the Medical and Dental
Faculties

Application Deadline

July 01, 2023

 

For more information please see the links below:

Tuition Fees and Expenses
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18320/Tuition-Fees-and-Expenses> 

Financial Aid and Scholarships
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18321/Financial-Aid> 

Requirements <http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18326/Undergraduate>