Subject: Pharmacy Doctor (Pharm. D.) Program Information
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18377      Publish Date : Friday, August 7, 2015 Visit : 6050 

Pharmacy Doctor (Pharm. D.) Program Information 

Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) Program General Information 
This is general information of SUMS Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.)
Program 

General Information on Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) Program

 

PharmD Program at SUMS

 

Shiraz School of Pharmacy with 8 departments and 27 different
well-equipped labs and herbariums, offers both undergraduate and
postgraduate programs, including 8 disciplinarians. It accepts
international students in Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) program for the
upcoming semester.

Language of Instruction

The major language of instruction for international Doctor of Pharmacy
(Pharm.D.) program at SUMS during the pre-clinical phase is English.
However, due to the fact that communicating with local patients (in
Persian) is an integral part of clinical practice, students must master
Persian language skills including speaking, writing and reading prior
to the start of the clinical period, i.e. the 3rd year of their
studies. Courses are offered in either English or Persian during the
clinical phase depending on the relevant department’s decision. For
more detailed information please visit the Persian Language requirement
page <http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18326/Undergraduate> .

Class Location

Shiraz, Iran.

Duration of the Program

The program combines demanding basic science education and extensive
subjects on scientific and practical aspects of pharmaceutical care.
Completion of the 5-year professional curriculum (10 semesters) is
required to earn the title of Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.).
Pre-pharmacy coursework on basic sciences during the first two years is
intended to broaden the students' knowledge in the basic biological,
physical, and chemical sciences for a better understanding of pharmacy
subjects in the successive years. Following a transitional year, the
students are enrolled in the theoretical and practical courses, either
mandatory or elective, on pharmacy education. The well-equipped
teaching and research laboratories help the students gain practical
pharmacy experience and master in conducting research in a variety of
pharmaceutical disciplines. Pharmacy clerkship training in healthcare
settings, i.e. teaching pharmacies and the university-affiliated
hospitals provide the students with knowledge and skills of
patient-oriented pharmaceutical care. The students are required to
obtain an internship work permit while practicing pharmacy under the
supervision of the academic staffs. During the last year, the students
do their thesis prior to final defense and graduation.

Application Deadline

July 01, 2025

For more information please see the links below:

Tuition Fees and Expenses
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18320/Tuition-Fees-and-Expenses> 

Financial Aid and Scholarships
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18321/Financial-Aid> 

Requirements <http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18326/Undergraduate>