Subject: School of Pharmacy
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18382      Publish Date : Sunday, August 16, 2015 Visit : 40816 

School of Pharmacy 

School of Pharmacy 

School of Pharmacy

SUMS School of Pharmacy

 

School of Pharmacy was established in 1989. This school was primarily
established with five departments: Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmaceutics,
Pharmaceutical Control, Pharmacognosy, and Pharmacology-Toxicology. In
2004, the Department of Clinical Pharmacy was added too. Then, the
departments of Traditional Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
were added in 2008 and 2009.

School of Pharmacy has been receiving M.S. students in toxicology since
2006, Ph.D. students in Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmaceutics, and
Traditional Pharmacy since 2008 as well as Ph.D. students in
Pharmaceutical Biotechnology since 2009. Currently, the faculty has 25
full-time academic staff. The following table represents the current
departments of the School of Pharmacy:

 

Departments	 Department of Medicinal Chemistry

Department of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology

Department of Pharmaceutics

Department of Pharmacognosy

Department of Pharmacology Toxicology

Department of Traditional Pharmacy

Department of Clinical Pharmacy
Department of Nanotechnology

In the following table you can find the list of programs offered by the
School of Pharmacy:

 

List of Programs offered at SUMS School of Pharmacy
 	 Program	 Pharm.D.	 M.Sc.	 Ph.D.	 Specialty
1	 Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.)
2	 Toxicology	  	 	  	  	 
3	 Medicinal Chemistry	  	  	 	  	 
4	 Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
5	 Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology
6	 Pharmaceutics	  	  	 	  	 
7	 Pharmacognosy	  	  	 	  	 
8	 Traditional Pharmacy	  	  	 	  	 
9	 Clinical Pharmacy	  	  	  	 	 

 
 
Contact Information:

Dean: Dr. Amir Azadi

Phone: (+98 71) 32 42 41 27 
Fax:      (+98 71) 32 42 41 26
Address: School of Pharmacy, Rokn Abad, Karafarin St., 7146864685

For more information please see the links below:

SUMS School of Pharmacy <http://pharmacy.sums.ac.ir>