Subject: School of Advanced Medical Sciences and Technologies
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18387      Publish Date : Sunday, August 23, 2015 Visit : 49401 

School of Advanced Medical Sciences and Technologies 

School of Advanced Medical Sciences and Technologies 

 

  School of Advanced Medical Sciences and Technologies

 

With the purpose of achieving cutting-edge technological knowledge,
Shiraz University of Medical Sciences decided to establish the school
of advanced medical sciences and technologies four years ago. To this
end, first the school started working in virtual mode. Beginning in
July 2011, the school entered a new phase in its operation with
establishing a temporary office and then moved to the new building.
This school enrolls students in M.Sc. and PhD programs. Toward its
mission, the school takes advantage of experienced professors from
other schools taking into account the nature of programs. For the first
time, the school of advanced medical sciences and technologies accepted
PhD students in medical biotechnology through Ministry of Health and
Medical Education examination and has accepted students in medical
biotechnology at PhD level and at Master's degree in medical
nanotechnology. Given the approval of molecular medicine and
neuroscience disciplines, the school has admitted PhD admissions in
student in these majors as of February 2014.

Given the interdisciplinary nature of the educational programs,
currently 58 faculty members with diverse expertise from other schools
and research centers are closely collaborating with this school. The
school of advanced medical sciences and technologies has five full-time
faculty members in the following departments:

Departments   	 Department of Medical Biotechnology

Department of Neuroscience

Department of Reproductive Biology

Department of Medical Nanotechnology

Department of Molecular Medicine

Department of Tissue Engineering

 

The following table represents the programs offered at the School of
advanced medical sciences and technologies:

 

Program Name	 B.Sc.	 M.Sc.	 Ph.D.	 
Applied Cell Sciences

 	  	 Program Exists at SUMS	 
Medical Biotechnology

 	  	 Program Exists at SUMS	 
Medical Nanotechnology

 	 Program Exists at SUMS	  	 
Molecular Medicine

 	  	 Program Exists at SUMS	 
Neurosciences

 	  	 Program Exists at SUMS	 
Reproductive Biology

 	  	 Program Exists at SUMS	 
Tissue Engineering

 	  	 Program Exists at SUMS	 

  

Contact Information:

Dean: Dr. Hadi Aligholi

Vice-Dean for Research & Technology Affairs: Dr. M. Nami

Phone: (+98 71) 32 30 54 71

Email: [email-masked]

Address: School of Advanced Medical Sciences and Technologies, Almas
Bldg., L# 29, Ghasrdasht Ave, Shiraz, Iran