Subject: School of Nursing and Midwifery_Old
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18408      Publish Date : Sunday, January 17, 2016 Visit : 23209 

School of Nursing and Midwifery_Old 

School of Nursing and Midwifery_Old 
School of Nursing and Midwifery

This school was established in 1953. Its main Objectives include
training nurses, midwives, operating room, and medical emergency
technicians with associate, baccalaureate, master and Ph.D. of science
degrees. The programs offered in this school aim at training registered
nurses to conduct efficient patient and client’s care in all nursing
specialties, as well as expert human resources in the field of nursing
in order to maintain and improve science and compensate the shortage of
experts in education and service.

Training eligible candidates  capable of (a) functioning as a
scientific resource in a special domain of nursing  in addition  to
training registered midwives to function as a midwife, and perform
services so that they are capable of presenting extensive midwifery and
efficient health care services in order to maintain and promote the
health of mothers and children, and training the operating room
technicians for hospitals, To be able to  assist surgeons in technical
issues are among other goals of this school.

A variety of programs are offered at both undergraduate and
postgraduate levels in the School of Nursing and Midwifery. Here is a
brief representation of programs available at the School of Nursing and
Midwifery:

 

Departments	  Department of Nursing

 Department of Midwifery

 Department of Operating Room

 Department of Anesthesiology

 Department of Emergency Medicine

 

The following table depicts the list of programs offred at the School
of Nursing and Midwifery:

Program Name	 B.Sc.	 M.Sc.	 Ph.D.	 
Anesthesia

Program Exists at SUMS	  	  	 
Community Health Nursing

Program Exists at SUMS	 Program Exists at SUMS	  	 
Critical Care Nursing

 	 Critical Care Nursing	  	 
Geriatric Nursing

 	 Program Exists at SUMS	  	 
Medical-Surgical Nursing

 	 Program Exists at SUMS	  	 
Midwifery

Program Exists at SUMS	 Program Exists at SUMS	  	 
Neonatal Intensive Care Nursing

 	 Program Exists at SUMS	  	 
Nursing

Program Exists at SUMS	  	 Program Exists at SUMS	 
Operating Room

Program Exists at SUMS	 Program Exists at SUMS	  	 
Pediatric Nursing

 	 Program Exists at SUMS	  	 
Pre-hospital Emergency Care

Program Exists at SUMS	  	  	 
Psychiatric Nursing

 	 Program Exists at SUMS