Subject: A Tribute to Mohammad Nemazee
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18455      Publish Date : Saturday, November 19, 2016 Visit :
11789 

A Tribute to Mohammad Nemazee 

A Tribute to Mohammad Nemazee 

Mohammad Nemazee

 

Mohammad Nemazee: An Iconic Benefactor of Shiraz

Mohammad Nemazee was born in 1896 to a distinguished affluent family in
Shiraz, Iran. He was a successful merchant and is regarded as a great
example of a philanthropist, reputable for his charitable donations.
His Charitable establishments include a Charitable Foundation in
Washington (1949), Advanced Institute of Nursing (1953) in Shiraz,
Shiraz Water supply system (1952), Nemazee Hospital (1955), Nemazee
Orphanage and Nemazee Vocational School in Shiraz as well. He made a
considerable contribution to wellbeing of the citizens of Shiraz by
founding two significant infrastructures. Noticing the low quality of
drinking water in Shiraz at the time, he first devoted his money to
establishing a water supply network which met the requirements of the
day. Later, he spared his money to the foundation of Nemazee Hospital
to be a well-equipped teaching hospital in the region. “The main
objective of developing Nemazee Healthcare Center, unlike that of
ordinary hospitals” as he also believed, “is not to provide a place for
patients to rest, rather this foundation is intended to be a center for
achieving world’s advanced knowledge of medical sciences and training
skilled physicians.”