Subject: Chancellor-old
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18473      Publish Date : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 Visit : 8173 

Chancellor-old 

SUMS Chancellor 

      

Chancellor of Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS)

	  

Prof. Syed Vahid Hosseini, the Chancellor of Shiraz University of
Medical Sciences (SUMS), is a specialist of surgery at Shiraz
University of Medical Sciences. He completed a fellowship in Colorectal
surgery at Sydney University in Australia. He is  a Member of European
Society of  Colopoctology. He is also actively contributing to the
field of research by publishing a large number of books and papers as
well as presenting lectures in national and international congresses.
To see Prof. Syed Vahid Hosseini full profile, you can download his CV
from here.

 

Message from the Chancellor

Being one of the oldest and largest universities in Iran, SUMS has been
a recognized center of excellence for healthcare and teaching since its
foundation in 1949. The inclination to keep abreast of the increasingly
fierce international competition among educational medical centers has
made this university committed to being a pioneer in education,
treatment, and research.

As far as education is concerned, 900 academic staff and 30000
personnel are benevolently dedicated to providing service to around
10000 students in over 200 different fields of study who embark upon a
journey of pursuing their education which is challenging and rewarding.

As for treatment, every endeavor in 14 Teaching Hospitals and 30 Health
Networks has been made to facilitate the medical care centers and
hospitals with the state-of-the-art technology and resources in an
effort to optimize the efficiency of treatment and fulfill our mission
of alleviating human suffering caused by diseases. With regard to
research, we are proud of the fact that SUMS, with 63 Research Centers,
has been ranked first among universities of Medical Sciences in
publishing scientific papers per academic faculty for the last several
years.

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences displays a good deal of tradition
as well as modernity, aiming at training students, utilizing
high-quality education and research. We are glad to welcome
international students to our university. We are also interested in
developing mutual international cooperation, joint education programs
as well as student and faculty exchanges with world-leading
universities.

 

Sincerely,

Prof. Syed Vahid Hosseini, MD

Chancellor

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences