Subject: ICO Fellowship Announcement
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18477      Publish Date : Saturday, February 10, 2018 Visit :
9980 

ICO Fellowship Announcement 

ICO Fellowship Announcement 

International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO) Fellowship Announcement

 

The International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO) offers Fellowship
Programs to promising ophthalmologists from low-resource countries. The
goal of this Program is to help young ophthalmologists to develop
hands-on experience and broaden their perspectives in the field of
ophthalmology. Upon successful completion of the fellowships,  fellows
are expected to return to their home countries so as to put the
acquired knowledge and expertise into practice and help the patients
preserve and restore their vision as well as preventing blindness.

The International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO)  has granted
privileges to Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS), in Shiraz,
Iran, to function as one of the  ICO Fellowship Hosts & Training
Centers. In Shiraz, Fellows will be trained at the Department of
Ophthalmology at Khalili Eye Hospital affiliated to SUMS.  The
coordinator of the program will be Dr. Ramin Salouti the Professor of
Cornea & External Diseases. Through these fellowships, young
ophthalmologists from less-developed countries are exposed to and
trained in different subspecialties including:

 

Subspecialty	 Fellowship Duration	 Fellowship Supervisor	 
3 months	 1 year	 
Pediatric Ophthalmology	 YES	 YES	 FARVARDIN Majid, MD
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 	 
Strabismus	 Yes	 YES	 TALEBNEJAD Mohammadreza, MD
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 	 
Glaucoma	 YES	 YES	 RAZEGHINEJAD Mohammadreza, MD
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 	 
Cornea & External Diseases	 YES	 YES	 SALOUTI Ramin, MD
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 

Medical Retina	 YES	 YES	 ASHRAF Hossein, MD
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 	 
Vitreo-Retina	 YES	 YES	 FARVARDIN Mohsen, MD
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 	 
Oculoplastics	 YES	 YES	 OWJI Naser, MD
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 	 
Cataract Surgery	 YES	 YES	 NEJABAT Mahmood, MD
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 	 
Neuro-Ophthalmology	 YES	 YES	 KHALILI Mohammadreza, MD
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 	 
Ocular Pathology	 YES	 YES	 EGHTEDARI Massomeh, MD
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 

    

Award

ICO will provide financial support for the ICO fellows to help them
cover their expenses.  The award will be  US$ 6000 (maximum) to cover
travel and living expenses for three months.  The exact amount is
subject to actual student-style living expenses in the host country.

For more detailed information and to apply please see the following
links:

ICO Official Website <http://www.icoph.org/> 

ICO Fellowship Hosts & Training Centers
<http://www.icoph.org/refocusing_education/fellowships/fellowship_host_d
irectory/fellowship_host_detail/161/SALOUTI-Ramin-MD.html> 

 

Please note that the applicants must apply through the official website
of ICO, and the received applications will be sent to SUMS for further
processing. To connect to the ICO website and submit your application
please click on the following button:

 
 
<http://www.icoph.org/refocusing_education/fellowships/how_to_apply.html
>