Subject: ASIC International Accreditation
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18482      Publish Date : Tuesday, May 8, 2018 Visit : 5816 

ASIC International Accreditation 

ASIC International Accreditation 

 

The Accreditation Service for International Schools, Colleges, and
Universities (ASIC)

 

The Accreditation Service for International Schools, Colleges, and
Universities (ASIC) is a private accreditation institution based in the
United Kingdom. It is one of the accreditation bodies recognized by the
UK Border Agency. It specializes in the accreditation of schools,
colleges, universities, training organizations and online and distance
education providers, both in the UK and overseas.

Following the increasing number of international students looking to
study a wide range of subjects across the globe and the widespread and
growing concern over the behavior of some international independent and
private colleges, the UK Government identified the need for a more
rigorous and accurate system for accrediting educational institutions
involved in recruiting students from other countries. 

ASIC has initiated to bring this independent information to the student
population through its accreditation service with well-defined and
objective benchmarking. Achieving the ASIC Accreditation not only
provides colleges and learning institutions the opportunity to
demonstrate their top-notch qualifications which differentiate them
among academic or learning institutions but also presents information
for comparative assessments which contribute to fostering quality
within the academic community. Besides, as a consequence of the
effective detailed assessment done by the scholarly Accreditation
Committee, students and parents can make more informed choices about
where to purchase education which result in paving the way toward their
future goals.  ASIC, therefore, fully recognizes the pressing need for
a robust and transparent approach to ensuring that colleges and like
institutions provide the best possible student experience in terms of
the students achieving their maximum academic potentials.

ASIC accreditation takes a detailed look at the whole institution and
has identified the following areas of operation. Each of these areas is
assessed and scored as Commendable, Satisfactory or Unsatisfactory.
These scores, then, are taken into account in deciding whether or not
to award accreditation to the institution.

Areas of Operation:

1. Health and safety of the premises

2. Resources dedicated to management and staff

3. Learning and Teaching: delivery of the course material

4. Student welfare

5. Qualifications and awards

6. Marketing and student recruitment procedures

7. Relationship with Government Offices and Reporting Mechanisms

In the following, you can download the ASIC International Handbook:

ASIC International Handbook

To see more information on SUMS’ Accreditation please check the links
below:

The Procedure of Accreditation
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18483/Accreditation-Procedure> 

International Accreditation at SUMS
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18484/International-Accreditation-at-SUM
S>