Subject: Accreditation Procedure
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18483      Publish Date : Wednesday, May 9, 2018 Visit : 4147 

Accreditation Procedure 

Accreditation Procedure 

 

 

The Procedure of Accreditation

As the following depicts, to be imparted an accreditation certificate,
a three-step set of activities vis-à-vis emerging international quality
practices and assessment in higher education is elaborated by SUMS.

 

 

 

Activity 1

Self-Assessment

As an internationally accepted methodology, the process of
self-assessment is conducted by the faculty, administrators, and staff
of the institution considering the accrediting organizations’ set of
expectations about quality (standards, criteria).  The Network utilizes
the most recent and standard approach grounded in international
accreditation guidelines.

 

Activity 2

Peer Assessment

The delegation, missioned to the Institute by the accrediting
organization, prepares its report based on surveying the evidence,
visiting the campus and the University premises, and meeting with the
faculty as well as staff and students; besides, an observing of the
classrooms or the University’s pedagogical approach is led to fulfill
its thorough assessment.  The delegation, also, incorporates in its
report of assessment a recommendation to the commission of the
accrediting organization (a group of peer faculty and staff,
professionals, and public members).

 

Activity 3

Accreditation Decision

The ad hoc commission reviews the evidence and recommendation taking a
set of expectations about quality and integrity into account. Finally,
at the discretion of the commission concern, a judgment is issued and
the institution will be officially informed of the decision.

To see more information on SUMS’ Accreditation please check the links
below:

The Accreditation Service for International Schools, Colleges, and
Universities (ASIC)
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18482/ASIC-International-Accreditation> 

International Accreditation at SUMS
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18484/International-Accreditation-at-SUM
S>