Subject: Notable Alumni
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18486      Publish Date : Wednesday, June 8, 2016 Visit : 12394 

Notable Alumni 

SUMS Notable Alumni 

SUMS Notable Alumni

Notable Alumni, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS)

SUMS faculty and leadership are committed to helping visionary
individuals realize their potential in serving communities and
advancing healthcare practices. The University takes pride in
highlighting the outstanding achievements and contributions of its
esteemed graduates. Their groundbreaking research accomplishments,
compassionate patient care endeavors, and influential policy reforms
continue to shape the ever-evolving healthcare landscape on regional
and global scales.

Name

 Specialty and Rank	 Organization

Honor

 

Ali Asghar Khodadoust, MD

1935 –2018

Prof. of Ophthalmology

Wilmer Eye Institute (WEI), Johns Hopkins University (JHU), US	 -A
World Celebrated Ophthalmologist

-One of the World's Best Corneal Graft Surgeons

Ali Asghar Khodadoust	 
Sayed Ali Malek Hosseini, MD

Prof. of General Surgery & Transplantation

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences

-father of Iran’s Liver Transplantation’

-Well known Surgeon in Liver Transplantation in the Middle East

Sayed Ali Malek Hosseini	 
Ahmad Ali Amirghofran, MD	 Professor of Cardiovascular Surgery
Shiraz University of Medical Sciences	 -World-class cardiovascular
surgeon with pioneering operative techniques	 	 
Mostafa Moin, MD

Prof. of Pediatrics, expertise in Clinical Immunology 

Tehran University of Medical Sciences

-Iran’s Minister of Culture and Higher Education (1989- 1993)

-Iran’s Minister of Science, Research, and Technology (1997-2003)

Mostafa Moin	 
Reza Malekzadeh MD

Distinguished Prof. of Internal Medicine & Gastroenterology 

Tehran University of Medical Sciences

-Iran’s Minister of Health and Medical Education (1991-1993)

-Deputy of Research, Iran’s MHME (2013-Now)

- Among top 1% Scientists in the Field of GI 

Reza Malekzadeh	 
Kamran Bagheri Lankarani, MD

Distinguished Prof. of  Internal Medicine & GI 

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences

-Iran’s Minister of Health and Medical Education (2005-2009)

-Among Top 1% Scientists in the Field of GI 

Kamran Bagheri Lankarani	 
Bizhan Aarabi, M.D.	 Distinguished Professor of Neurosurgery
University of Maryland	 -Founder of Neurosurgery Department at SUMS

-Well-known Surgeon for Traumatic Brain Injury

Bizhan Aarabi, M.D.	 
Kazem Abbassioun, M.D	 Distinguished Professor of Neurosurgery
Tehran University of Medical Sciences	  

-Well-known Trauma Surgeon in Iran

- The first Iranian Neurosurgeon at SUMS 

Kazem Abbassioun, M.D 	 
Farrokh Saidi, M.D	 Distinguished Professor of Surgery 	 Shahid
Beheshti University of Medical Sciences	 -Well known Surgeon in the
U.S.A and Iran

-Dean of SUMS School of Medicine 

Farrokh Saidi, M.D 	 
Manouchehr Sodeifi, M.D.	 Distinguished Professor of Dermatology
Shiraz University of Medical Sciences	 -Founder of Dermatology
Department at SUMS 	 Manouchehr Sodeifi, M.D. 	 
Mansour Haghshenas, M.D.

1936-2015

Distinguished Professor of Hemato-oncology 	 Shiraz University of
Medical Sciences	 -Founder of Blood Transfusion Organization in
Shiraz 

-Founder of Bone Marrow Transplant at SUMS 

Mansour Haghshenas, M.D.	 
Hamid Reza Foroutan, M.D.	 Professor of Pediatric Surgery	 Shiraz
University of Medical Sciences	 -Highly Experienced Pediatric
Neurosurgeon

-Head of SUMS Department of Pediatric Surgery 	 
Abdolaziz Khezri M.D.	 Professor of Urology	 Shiraz University of
Medical Sciences	 -Director of SUMS Urology Department

-Vice-dean for Research at SUMS School of Medicine 	 
Dariush Irani, MD	 Associate Professor of Endourology	 Shiraz
University of Medical Sciences	 -Chief of ESWL unit of Shiraz
University of Medical