Subject: Dr. Brian Clive Sommerlad
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18602      Publish Date : Saturday, September 7, 2019 Visit :
3539 

Dr. Brian Clive Sommerlad 

Dr. Brian Clive Sommerlad 

 

	 Dr. Brian Clive Sommerlad

Cleft lip and palate plastic surgery

Great Ormond Street Hospital

Email: [email-masked]

Phone: +44 (0)20 7762 6822

Address:Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children International and
Private Patients Service

The Harris International Patient Centre

Great Ormond Street, London, WC1N 3JH

CV 
Biography

Being an honorary consultant plastic surgeon at Great Ormond Street
Hospital, Dr. Brian Sommerlad has been the first clinical director of
North Thames Cleft Lip and Palate Service (GOStA). He has also had
significant administrative roles such as being the past president of
British Association of Plastic Surgeons and the Craniofacial Society of
Great Britain and Ireland. He regularly visits Iran to work with local
surgeons and to assist in their development of multi-disciplinary teams.

Areas of Expertise

Paediatric plastic surgery, especially cleft lip and palate and related
syndromes and speech problems 

Research Priorities

*	Long term outcomes of cleft lip and palate surgery
*	Soft palate anatomy and function 
*	Possible ways of improve palate muscle function 

Previous academic collaborations with SUMS

Dr. Sommerlad who is one of the well-known surgeons in the world visits
Shiraz University of Medical Sciences twice a year to help the
patients. He has also played an influential role in teaching surgeons,
orthodontists and speech therapists at Shiraz University of Medical
Sciences.