Subject: Visiting Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Electives (Internships)
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18629      Publish Date : Wednesday, December 18, 2019 Visit :
13999 

Non-Degree Programs | Visiting Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Electives
(Internships) 

Visiting Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Elective Program (Internships) 

Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Elective (Internship) Program

 

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS)
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18627/About-SUMS>  has provided
International students a tremendous opportunity of experiencing
“pharmacy and pharmaceutical elective program”. During the program,
students attend the dispensary unit of a hospital, a local pharmacy, or
a medical center to boost their knowledge and gain experience of
pharmacy practices in a totally different setting from where they are
conducting their study. The way a pharmacy is administered or the drugs
are procured, stocked, prepared, and dispensed in abroad may be totally
unfamiliar to you. The different healthcare system helps you to expand
your clinical knowledge and skill set; thus, you will find the gumption
which makes you and your CV stand apart from the high volume of
pharmacy students who leave university every year.

During your pharmacy placement in Shiraz, you will be well supported by
your new colleagues, as well as staff. You will partake in the elective
program as an observer being trained by real healthcare professionals.
You can observe them in their everyday work, ask questions and hear
more about their experiences. You are likely to get more insights into
the frontline of medical care than in your home country. There are
numerous other benefits, including:

*	Developing soft skills such as teamwork, time-management,
leadership, resilience, organization, and planning
*	Getting familiar with diseases and medical conditions that you
might not encounter in your home country
*	Gaining relevant work experience in the field that will prepare
you for the next stage of your education and career
*	A more in-depth internship experience than you would receive
back home
*	Developing a global mindset through working with people from a
range of different backgrounds
*	Increasing self-confidence as you push past your comfort zone

Length of Training

2 to 16 weeks

Medium of Instruction

English/Persian

Eligibility Criteria

In order to be eligible to apply for SUMS pharmacy and pharmaceutical
elective program, prospective applicants shall meet the conditions
below:

*	The candidate must be a student of pharmacy/pharmaceutical
sciences.
*	The candidate should not be a graduate.
*	The candidate must be in their final or penultimate year of
study.
*	The candidate must be enrolled at a non-Iranian University, be
an international student studying in an Iranian university, or be an
Iranian student studying abroad.

Program Requirements

The online application will prompt you to upload a scanned version of
the following documents. Make sure to prepare them ahead of submitting
your application.

*	A photograph
*	A scanned copy of the data page of your passport
*	Curriculum Vitae (CV)/ Résumé
*	Transcript of the records/marksheets
*	English proficiency certificate
*	Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Elective Application Form (The
applicant should fill out the application form and get it signed and
stamped by the institution at which they are studying)

Language Requirements

The applicants shall fulfill one of the following language proficiency
requirements:

*	TOEFL: minimum score of 69 iBT; 525 PBT
*	IELTS: minimum band score of 5.5
*	Other evidence indicating the applicant’s English proficiency
equivalent to requirements I or II above

However, an applicant who is a native speaker of English or who has
received the 5 past years of their education in a university program in
which English was the primary language of instruction is exempted from
this requirement. Those candidates who can demonstrate a well
understanding of the Persian language are also exempted.

Tuition and Fees

Tuition and Expenses

Payment Amount (USD)

Payment Type

Application Fee

None

………

Tuition Fee

625.00

Per four weeks

Accommodation Fee*

400.00

Per month

Health Insurance

75.00

Per month

* Please note that SUMS might supply elective candidates with furnished
residence provided that vacancies are available at SUMS residence
halls. Visiting students will be offered accommodation after they have
paid the determined fee.

Application Deadline

SUMS call for application to elective programs is open all year round.
However, candidates are encouraged to apply at least 6 to 8 months
prior to the commencement of the program in order to avoid late visa
issues.

Accepting an Offer

Candidates will be notified of their application results via e-mail.
Offers of elective opportunities will be held open for 8 weeks to be
accepted and confirmed by the admitted candidates. In case we receive
no confirmation of acceptance within the aforementioned time, the
candidate’s name will be removed from the files and the place will be
offered to another applicant. It is therefore substantial that the
successful applicants confirm their acceptance as soon as possible via
e-mail.

Cancellation of an Elective Attachment

If at any time an applicant wishes to withdraw his/her application or
cancel an offer of attachment, this should be done IMMEDIATELY, via
e-mail at [email-masked].

Visa Application

Upon receipt of your admission, you are requested to submit the
following items to SUMS via e-mail so that your visa application
procedure to be initiated:

*	Passport size photo
*	A scanned copy of the data pages of your passport
*	Completed visa application form
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/Images/UserFiles/1/file/SUMS%20Visa%20Form.pdf> 

Visa process can take at least 6-8 weeks to complete. Each successful
application is assigned a Visa Reference Number/Authorization Code by
the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Iran. You will need the reference
number/authorization code along with your original passport to collect
your visa. Once we receive the reference number/authorization code, we
will forward it to you via e-mail. Then, you should schedule an
appointment with the Iranian Embassy or Consulate in your country that
you have already indicated on your application form
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/Images/UserFiles/1/file/Iran%20Embassies.pdf> .
Carry the obtained Visa Reference Number/Authorization Code together
with your passport to the relevant embassy or consulate to collect your
visa. For further information, see here
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18333/Visa-Affairs> .

Application

See below for the link to apply through our electronic process. All
visiting students must complete the online application. Remember also
to fill out the Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Elective Application Form
(see Program Requirements) prior to commencing SUMS online application
procedure and submit it along with other requisite documents.

Click here to apply for SUMS Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Elective
program:

 

To apply to other SUMS Elective programs please check the links below:

Medical Elective (Internship) Programs
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18316/Visiting-Medical-Electives--Intern
ships-> 

Specialty and Subspecialty (Residency) Elective
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18630/Specialty-and-Subspecialty--Reside
ncy--Elective-Programs>