Subject: Shiraz Institute for Cancer Research
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18656      Publish Date : Tuesday, March 10, 2020 Visit : 19284 

Shiraz Institute for Cancer Research 

Shiraz Institute for Cancer Research 
Shiraz Institute for Cancer Research 

Shiraz Institute for Cancer Research

	 	 

 

Year Founded: 1998

Shiraz Institute for Cancer Research was founded in 1998 to focus on
basic and clinical cancer research at Shiraz University of Medical
Sciences (SUMS), and in 2000 the Center received an acceptance, in
principle, from the Iranian Ministry of Health and Medical Education.
This research center is one of the first research centers in Iran where
the immunology of cancer and the biology of cancer are both researched.
Shiraz Institute for Cancer Research commenced its activities by
collecting biological samples to create a biobank of cancer patients’
samples.

Later on, with the development of the physical space, the Institute
expanded into six laboratories/research groups and two affiliate
clinics of prostate cancer and breast cancer. Currently, many
researchers are conducting basic and clinical research on cancer in
Shiraz Institute for Cancer Research.

Research Priorities

*	Preparation, preservation of DNA, RNA, Plasma, tissue samples,
demographic data and the clinical pathology of cancer patients which
are used in the national and international research projects
*	Immune responses in cancers with a focus on inhibitory molecules
*	Immune cell therapy in cancer patients aimed at developing
tissue engineering, immunotherapy and cell therapy
*	Immuno-genetics in hematological and solid tumors
*	The biological activity of nanoparticles, microparticles and
new plant extracts on tumor cells
*	Identification of protein biomarkers in cancer patients using
proteomics technology with the aim of treatment, screening and
vaccination
*	Gene therapy and stem cell manipulation for tissue engineering
*	 Stem cells and their role in tumor microenvironment
*	Research and development studies for production of therapeutic
antibodies and recombinant proteins
*	Conducting fundamental research for human cancer etiology
*	Using cutting-edge molecular biology method for a better
understanding of the development of cancerous tissues
*	 Studying the immunologic factors in cancer
*	Immunotherapy knowledge transfer in cancers
*	Research on cancer epidemiology and improving cancer databases

 

Director

Abbas Ghaderi, PhD
Professor of Immunology

Download CV

E-mail: [email-masked]

  _____  

Contact information: 

Shiraz Institute for Cancer Research (ICR)

School of Medicine, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences

P.O. Box: 71345-3119

Tel.: (+98 71) 32 30 36 87

Fax: (+98 71) 32 30 49 52

Email: [email-masked]

Link <http://icr.sums.ac.ir/en/>  to the Center’s Website