Subject: Shiraz Transplant Research Center
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18657      Publish Date : Tuesday, March 10, 2020 Visit : 14993 

Shiraz Transplant Research Center 

Shiraz Transplant Research Center 
Shiraz Transplant Research Center 

Shiraz Transplant Research Center

 

Year founded: 2001

Shiraz Transplant Research Center (STRC) was founded in 2001. STRC
mainly focuses on improving the life quality of transplant recipients,
conducting high quality basic and clinical research in the field of
organ transplant and training human resources.  

Activities and Research Priorities 

*	Establishment of human hepatocyte transplantation for acute
liver disease
*	Establishment of human islet cell for diabetic patients
*	Establishment of human keratinocytes for treatment of severe
burn patients
*	Establishing hepatocyte and islet cell isolation technique for
cell transplantation and advanced research
*	Collecting transplanted patients’ information and keeping it as
a database 
*	Cell therapy for different diseases (keratinocyte, hepatocyte
and insulin producing cells in severe burn patients, chronic wounds,
acute liver failure and diabetes)
*	Doing research in different aspects of transplantation to apply
new tests for transplanted patients in order to increase their life
quality   
*	Examining different aspects of organ transplant including
virology, immunology, pathology, pharmacogenomics and immunogenetics
*	Differentiating Inducible Pluripotent Stem (IPS) cells into
liver and pancreas

Honors

*	Ranked 2nd research center among SUMS’ 63 research centers in
2012
*	Ranked 3rd research center among SUMS’ 63 research centers in
2013
*	Ranked 2nd research center among SUMS’ 63 research centers in
2014
*	Ranked 3rd in Razi Clinical Research Festival on Medical
Sciences in 2012
*	Ranked 2nd in Razi Clinical Research Festival on Medical
Sciences in 2013

Director

Bita Geramizadeh, MD

Professor of Pathology 

Download CV 

E-mail: [email-masked]

  _____  

Contact information: 

Shiraz Transplant Research Center

Namazi Hospital, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran 

PO Box: 7193711351

Tel.: +98 71 36125861

Fax:  +98 71 3647395, +98 71 36281529

E-mail: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 

Link <http://strc.sums.ac.ir/en/index.html>  to the Center’s Website