Subject: Medicinal and Natural Products Chemistry Research Center
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18658      Publish Date : Tuesday, March 10, 2020 Visit : 12970 

Medicinal and Natural Products Chemistry Research Center 

Medicinal and Natural Products Chemistry Research Center 
Medicinal and Natural Products Chemistry Research Center 

Medicinal and Natural Products Chemistry Research Center

	 	 

 

Year founded: 2002

The Medicinal and Natural Products Chemistry Research Center started
its activities in August 2002 in School of Medicine, Shiraz University
of Medical Sciences and in 2004 moved to its new building.  The main
mission of this center is to take full advantage of advancements in
basic sciences, particularly chemistry, and apply them for medical
purposes.  

Currently, 3 full-time professors, 7 part-time professors specialized
in pharmaceutical chemistry, pharmacology, analytical chemistry,
natural products chemistry, immunology and physiology are working in
this center.

Research priorities

*	Design and chemical molecule synthesis of pharmaceutical
nanoparticles and evaluating their biological activities, especially
the growth inhabitation, the remission of drug resistance in cancer
cells, enzyme inhibition and beta-secretase enzyme in Alzheimer’s
disease, neuroprotection in neurodegenerative diseases, calcium channel
inhibition, anti-diabetic effect, anti-inflammation effect and
antioxidant and anti-microbial and anti-fungal effects
*	Identification and separation of bioactive products and the
examination of their biological activities
*	Computational chemistry; the quantitative relation between the
structure, activity and the computer molecular modeling

Honors

Ranked 1st between biomedical research centers with dependent funding
in Razi Medical Science Research Festival in 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008

Ranked 1st among all 63 research centers of Shiraz University of
Medical Sciences for 10 continuous years between 2005 and 2014

 

Director

Hossain Mirkhani, Pharm D, PhD 

Professor of Pharmacology 

Download CV

E-mail: [email-masked]

  _____  

Contact information: 

Medicinal and Natural Products Chemistry Research Center
Shiraz University of Medical Sciences
PO Box: 71348-53734

Tel.:  +98 71 32303872
Fax: +98 71 32332225
E-mail: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 

Link <https://mncrc.sums.ac.ir/page-EnmncrcMegaMenu/en/298>  to the
Center’s Website