Subject: Health Policy Research Center
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18659      Publish Date : Tuesday, March 10, 2020 Visit : 12598 

Health Policy Research Center 

Health Policy Research Center 
Health Policy Research Center 

Health Policy Research Center

Health Policy Research Center

Year founded: 2009

Health Policy Research Center (HPRC) is a research center affiliated
with Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS) which was founded in
October 2009. It is directed by Professor Kamran Bagheri Lankarani, the
previous Iranian Minister of Health and Medical Education.

Research Priorities 

*	Health policy and health system reform
*	Health economics
*	Health Equity and its determinants
*	Non-communicable diseases with emphasis on cardiovascular
diseases, cancers, burden of diseases, fatty liver, metabolic syndrome
*	Communicable diseases with emphasis on viral hepatitis,
tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS, influenza
*	Pharmacoepidemiology and drugs’ safety
*	Trauma due to traffic accidents and its interventions
*	Women’s health with emphasis on Fars’ population
*	Mental health and social harms
*	Schools’ health
*	Community nutrition and nutrition in high risk populations
*	Knowledge translation
*	Aged people’s health
*	E-health and mobile health interdisciplinary authority in
medical sciences

Honors

*	Receiving Qutb al-Din al-Shirazi medal
*	Holding more than 15 international seminars on the research
priorities of HPRC
*	Publishing more than 5 books on different aspects of health
policies
*	Launching 5 journals in HPRC in the fields of medicine, women’s
health, schools’ health and Pharmacoepidemiology
*	Developing and managing joint courses of Master of Public
Health (MPH)with Jackson State University, United States
*	Developing and managing virtual MPH courses on health policy
making and some other educational courses for Ph.D. by research students
*	Holding more than 40 research methodology workshops for student
empowerment
*	Ranked as the 3rd three-year Biomedical research center in 2012
*	Ranked as 27th among 600 Biomedical research centers above
three years of age in the country
*	Ranked 5th among the 63 SUMS affiliated research centers

Director

Kamran Bagheri Lankarani, MD

Professor of Internal Medicine 

Download CV

E-mail: [email-masked]

  _____  

Contact information: 

Health Policy Research Center 

No. 2, 8th floor, School of Medicine, Zand St., Shiraz, Iran 

PO Box: 71348-45794

Tel.: + 98 71 32309615

Fax: + 98 71 32309615

E-mail: [email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]> 

Link <https://health-policy.sums.ac.ir/>  to the Center’s Website