Subject: Shiraz Burn Research Center
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18660      Publish Date : Tuesday, March 10, 2020 Visit : 11455 

Shiraz Burn Research Center 

Shiraz Burn Research Center 

Shiraz Burn Research Center

 

Year founded: 2008

Shiraz Burn Research Center was founded in December 2008 as the first
burn center in the country which flourished the idea of establishment
of other burn research centers across the country. The Burn Research
Center aims at increasing the academic and research activities in
prevention, treatment, the rehabilitation of the patients, and
examining the side effects and related diseases. The center hopes to
take effective steps in raising awareness of the society in prevention
and providing new treatments to shorten the treatment period and
decrease the side effects of burn injury.

Research priorities 

1.Burn epidemiology 

*	Burn epidemiology study in different parts of Fars province
*	Determining the risk factors of different types of burns in
Fars province
*	Epidemiology of work-related burn injuries in endangered groups
in Fars province
*	Self-inflicted burns and their contributing factors in Fars
province

2.Burn treatment 

*	Clinical trials in examining the efficiency of new treatments
for burn injuries and decreasing their side effects

*	Studying new products for decreasing the burn side effects

*	The role of stem cells in the treatment of burn injuries

*	The application of traditional medicine and herbal medicine in
treating the burn injuries and decreasing their side effects

*	Assessing microbial risk factors of the infection occurring in
burn patients to decrease their death rates

*	Assessing factors affecting resistance to burn wound infections
in order to control the infection efficiently

*	Assessing the efficiency of herbal medications in treating the
burn wound infections

3.Burn and education

*	Doing KAP survey in burn wounds

*	Interventional studies to increase knowledge about the
endangered groups

*	Assessing new approaches for the primary treatment of burn
patients in the time of incident

4.Infection in burns 

*	Laboratory studies of burns and their side effects on body
organs
*	Microbiological studies in burn wounds
*	Studies related to microbial drug resistance and prevention
strategies
*	Assessing new approaches to break the chain of infection
transmission in burn treatment centers
*	Assessing new approaches to the use of proper antimicrobial
drugs for certain infections in burn treatment centers

5.Rehabilitation after burn 

*	Studies on health related quality of life of adults after burn
injuries
*	Assessing the efficiency of different rehabilitation approaches
on the life quality of burn patients
*	Assessing new approaches to rehabilitation to decrease the
deformities caused by the burn wounds

6.Nutrition in burn patients 

*	Studies related to proper nutrition for burn patients
*	Studies on low-volume high-calorie nutrition which is
appropriate for burn patients
*	Interdisciplinary studies on the relation of nutrition, drug
response and the function of burn patient’s organs

Honors 

This center has been the only center in the country which has the
clinical records of all burn patients who have referred to the Ghotb
Al-din Shirazi Burn Hospital.

 

Director

Aliakbar Mohammadi, MD

Professor of Plastic Surgery

Download CV

E-mail: [email-masked]

  _____  

Contact information: 

Shiraz Burn Research Center

Burn and Wound Healing Research Center, Amiralmommenin Burn and Plastic
Hospital, Entrance of Sadra Town, Shiraz, Iran 

PO Box:

Tel.: +98 71 36223418

Fax: +98 71 36223418

E-mail: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 

Link <http://burnres.sums.ac.ir/en/index.html>  to the Center’s Website