Subject: Nanomedicine and Nanobiology Research Center
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18662      Publish Date : Wednesday, March 11, 2020 Visit :
11231 

Nanomedicine and Nanobiology Research Center 

Nanomedicine and Nanobiology Research Center 
Nanomedicine and Nanobiology Research Center 

Nanomedicine and Nanobiology Research Center

	 	 

Year founded: 2012

Nanomedicine and Nanobiology Research Center was founded by Prof.
Naghmeh Sattarahmady in 2012 at Shiraz University of Medical Sciences
with the aim of expanding teaching and research in the field of
nanomedicine (medical nanotechnology). The center finally received
official approval in 2020 from the Iranian Ministry of Health and
Medical Education. The main mission of Nanomedicine and Nanobiology
Research Center is to conduct research, expand applied nanotechnology
in biology and medicine, offer training courses and provide
consultations about nanomedicine.

Research Priorities

1. Diagnosis

*	Synthesis of novel nanomaterials with specific shapes and sizes
for fabrication of devices and routes of diagnosis

*	Fabrication of nanosensors and nanobiosensors for detection of
disease biomarkers, pathogens, and pollutants

*	Nanobiotechnological researches for materials synthesis,
pollutant detection, DNA nanotechnology, and nanomotors fabrication

2. Treatment and Prevention

*	
	Development of novel drug delivery nanosystems
*	
	Combination therapy using novel sensitizers

3. Theranostics

Director

Naghmeh Sattarahmady, PhD

Professor of Biophysics

E-mail: [email-masked]

[email-masked]

  _____  

Contact information:

Nanomedicine and Nanobiology Research Center

2nd floor, Mohammad Rasoul Allah Research Tower, Khalili St., Shiraz,
Iran

Post code: 7193635899

Tel.: + 98 7136122225-6

Fax: + 98 7136281506

E-mail: [email-masked]  [email-masked]

Link <https://nanomed.sums.ac.ir/>  to the Center’s Website