Subject: Nanotechnology in Drug Delivery Research Center
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18664      Publish Date : Wednesday, March 11, 2020 Visit :
12479 

Nanotechnology in Drug Delivery Research Center 

Nanotechnology in Drug Delivery Research Center 
Nanotechnology in Drug Delivery Research Center 

Nanotechnology in Drug Delivery Research Center

	 	 

 

Year founded: 2012

The Nanotechnology in Drug Delivery Research Center was established in
2012 at Shiraz University of Medical Sciences to create a space for
interdisciplinary research (nanotechnology, biology and pharmacy) and
provide an academic setting for the design and the expansion of drug
delivery systems based on nanotechnology for diagnosis and treatment.
The center received an acceptance, in principle, from the Iranian
Ministry of Health and Medical Education in the same year.

 Research priorities 

*	Targeted drug delivery in cancer therapy
*	Intelligent drug delivery system of uncommon illnesses
*	Conjugate Drug-Polymer in uncommon illnesses
*	The use of micro and nanoparticles to control drug release and
improve bioavailability
*	The use of nanomaterials for gene transfer
*	The use of nanomaterials in tissue and medical engineering
*	The use of various types of hydrogels for drug delivery and
tissue engineering
*	Application of nanotechnology for peptide delivery and
therapeutic proteins
*	Nanotoxicology and biocompatibility assessment of nanomaterials
*	Bioconjugation
*	Theranostics systems for therapeutic and diagnostic purposes

Honors 

Developing laboratory networks with cutting-edge technology

Ranked as the 2nd Biomedical research center with less than three years
of activity at Shiraz University of Medical Sciences in 2017

 

Director

 

Ali Mohammad Tamaddon, Pharm D, PhD 

Professor of Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Nano-Technology

Download CV

E-mail: [email-masked]

  _____  

Contact information: 

Center for Nanotechnology in Drug Delivery 

School of Pharmacy, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran 

PO Box: 3366971947

Tel.: +98 71 32424127, extension 211 and 257

Fax: +98 71 32424126

E-mail: [email-masked]

Link <http://nanodds.sums.ac.ir/en/index.html>  to the Center’s Website