Subject: Non-communicable Diseases Research Center
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18667      Publish Date : Wednesday, March 11, 2020 Visit :
11609 

Non-communicable Diseases Research Center 

Non-communicable Diseases Research Center 
Non-communicable Diseases Research Center 

Non-communicable Diseases Research Center

Year founded: 2016

The Non-communicable Diseases Research Center was founded in 2016 as an
academic-research center to conduct research in non-communicable
diseases and to utilize its academic and research achievements in
health policy-making.

Research Priorities

*	Diabetes
*	Obesity
*	Hypertension
*	Cardiovascular disease
*	Common cancers in Fars province
*	Providing a model to help clinical decisions
*	Determining the Geographic pathology of non-communicable
diseases
*	Prevalence and burden of pulmonary disease
*	Metabolic syndrome

Honors:

*	Ranked 1st among the research centers of the clinical group
with one to three years of activity in 2018
*	10th rank nationwide among health promotion centers in 2022
*	Top ranking center in citations among the research centers at
Shiraz University of Medical Sciences
*	Fourth place in terms of H-index among the research centers at
Shiraz University of Medical Sciences.

 

 

Director

Alireza Mirahmadizadeh

Associate Professor of Epidemiology

Department of Epidemiology, School of Health

Non-Communicable Diseases Research Center

E-mail: [email-masked]

Contact information:

Non-communicable Disease Research Center

1st floor, Mohammad Rasoul Allah Research Tower, Khalili St. Shiraz,
Iran

Tel.: +98 71 36122302

Fax: +98 71 36122302

E-mail: [email-masked]