Subject: Nutrition Research Center
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18668      Publish Date : Wednesday, March 11, 2020 Visit :
11112 

Nutrition Research Center 

Nutrition Research Center 

Nutrition Research Center

Year founded: 2014

The Nutrition Research Center was founded in 2014 with the support of
Shiraz University of Medical Sciences along with the efforts of the
professors, students, alumni and the researchers of the nutrition
field. The Nutrition Research Center finally received an acceptance, in
principle, from the Iranian Ministry of Health and Medical Education in
January 2016.

Research Priorities 

*	Examining people’s nutritional awareness including awareness
about diets, food hygiene and safety, and the role of nutritionists in
the prevention and treatment of the diseases
*	Examining the healthy food function including healthy practice
of special diets and referring to nutritionists when needed
*	Examining the factors of an unhealthy diet
*	Examining the extent to which people have access to healthy
nutrition information (including the nutrition quality index, healthy
food stores and chemical, microbial and industrial health nutrition
*	Epidemiologic study to identify the number of people who need
nutritional consultant help (examining the prevalence rate of chronic
heart diseases, kidney diseases, diabetes and fatty liver in addition
to examining the prevalence of growth disorder, obesity, overweightness
and emaciation
*	Evaluating the awareness and knowledge of health care
professionals about nutritional information and the necessity of
referring patients with eating disorders to the nutritionists
*	Examining the relation between dietary patterns and diseases
(such as chronic and autoimmune diseases)
*	Examining the role of nutrition in the treatment and the
prevention of the diseases (diabetes, kidney disease and heart diseases)
*	Examining the efficiency of psychological discussions on diet
therapy
*	Research projects to identify and analyze the micronutrients
and nutritional factors effacing people’s health
*	Examining the nutritional needs of Iranians according to their
genetics, ethnicity and other influencing factors
*	Reviewing the local food in different parts of Iran to allow
the nutritionists to have access to their required information
*	Examining the eating habits and healthy eating index in
different groups (children, women, athletes, etc.)
*	Examining the grounds of collaboration with the treatment team,
industry, stores and nutritionists

 

Director

Siavash Babajafari, PhD 

Associate Professor of Nutrition 

Download CV

E-mail: [email-masked]

  _____  

Contact information: 

Nutrition Research Center 

10th floor, Mohammad Rasoul Allah Research Tower, Khalili St. Shiraz,
Iran 

PO Box: 7193635899

Tel.: +98 71 36122206, +98 71 36281407-extension 206

Fax: +98 71 36281638

E-mail: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 

Link <http://nfsrc.sums.ac.ir/fa/index.html>  to the Center’s Website