Subject: Dr. Fariba Ahmadizar
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18711      Publish Date : Monday, June 15, 2020 Visit : 3690 

Dr. Fariba Ahmadizar 

Dr. Fariba Ahmadizar 

	  

Dr. Fariba Ahmadizar

Professor

Department of Epidemiology

Erasmus University Medical Center

E-mail Address: <mailto: [email-masked]>
[email-masked]

Phone: +31 10 70 44820

Address: Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Office
Na-2710, PO Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, the Netherlands

CV

 

Prof. Fariba Ahmadizar has been working as a postdoctoral scientist in
the Department of Epidemiology, Erasmus Medical Center (MC), the
Netherlands since 2017. Dr. Ahmadizar obtained her Doctor of Pharmacy
(Pharm.D.) from Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Iran,
and did her M.Sc. in Epidemiology and Ph.D. in Pharmacoepidemiology
both at Utrecht University. Doing her Ph.D., she studied risk factors
and medications used in children with chronic disorders including
asthma, allergy, and type 1 diabetes. However, her research now focuses
on Precision Medicine to study the role of biomarkers, including omics
data either in response to medications (Molecular Pharmacoepidemiology)
or in the development of disorders (Clinical Epidemiology). She has
strong knowledge of epidemiological study design, methods, statistics,
and programming. Moreover, she has academic collaboration with
researchers from Harvard University, Imperial College London, Diabetes
Centers in Lund University Sweden and Denmark, and National Cancer
Institute/Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics in the United
States. During her scientific training at Erasmus MC, she has been
fortunate enough to have served as a lecturer/teaching assistant for
courses of Pharmacoepidemiology, Molecular Pharmacoepidemiology as well
as Diabetes Epidemiology at the Netherlands Institute for Health
Sciences (NIHES).

In addition, Dr. Ahmadizar is an active member of the European
Association of the Study of Diabetes (EASD) and the International
Society for Pharmacoepidemiology (ISPE). Being actively engaged with
editorial tasks, Dr. Ahmadizar is also one of the potential reviewers
of European Journal of Preventive Cardiology (EJPC) and Lancet
Endocrinology and JAMA.

Research Priorities:

Molecular Pharmacoepidemiology

Number and Duration of Previous Visits to SUMS:

3 times, 15 days in total