Subject: Mehran Karimi, MD
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18716      Publish Date : Monday, July 6, 2020 Visit : 4424 

Mehran Karimi, MD 

Mehran Karimi, MD 

 

	 Mehran Karimi, MD

Professor of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology

Hematology Research Center

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences 

E-mail:  [email-masked]

 

 

 

 

 

 

Biography

Mehran Karimi is a Professor of Pediatric Hematology-Oncology, School
of Medicine, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS). Moreover, he
was the director of SUMS Hematology Research Center for at least 10
years. He has actively worked for the last 25 years at SUMS in the
fields of thalassemia, hemophilia, homeostasis, and thrombosis. After
graduating in Doctor of Medicine (MD) from SUMS, he did his
subspecialty in hematology at SUMS and Ahvaz Jondishahpour University
of Medical Sciences while his focus was on thalassemia and hemophilia.
He also completed two separate six-month fellowships in Leeds, the UK
in 1996 and Milan, Italy in 2001 & 2003. His main research interests
are in thalassemia, hemophilia, rare bleeding disorders, sickle cell
and thrombophilia, and currently is the head of programs at the
hospital referral in Shiraz in those disease zones.

Dr. Karimi is a member of ISTH, ASH, and the Iranian Pediatric
Hematology-Oncology Society as well as a reviewer of some peer-reviewed
journals. He was selected as the best researcher and also was given two
awards by Razi Festival in 2003 and 2008 and the 15th Abu Reyhan Biruni
Research Festival in 2014. He was selected as the best researcher at
SUMS from 2004 to 2014. He received two appreciation letters from ISTH
(International Society Thrombosis and Hemostasis) and TIF (Thalassemia
International Federation) due to significant scientific works, having
international congress as president and international speakers in these
fields. Dr. Mehran Karimi has authored 350 publications until July 2020
and more than 300 abstracts in peer-reviewed journals and international
meetings. He has been an honorary keynote speaker at several national
and international conferences, congresses and seminars.

Significant International Collaborations 

Total number of publications: 350

Number of joint publications: More than100

International affiliation: 14249 Carlow Run, Carmel IN 46074, USA

 

International Research Projects and Grants

Year

Project title

Funding

2015-2018  

Forma02, 04 study (Mutinational study, clinical response of a new
plasma drived Fibrinogen concentrate in Afibrinogenemia patitients).
Local principal investigator

$50000 grant

2010-2014

SIPPET Study (Comparing incidence of Inhibitor development in untreated
Hemophilia A patients bewwen plasma drived and recombinant). Local
principle investigator

$220000 grant

2012-2018

Winter Study (Von willbrand disease registry & inhibitor development, A
5-year International Registries and Prospective Study on VWD Type 3),
Local principal investigator

$10000 grant

2012-2014 

Forma-1 Study (Multinational study of PK assay of a new Fibrinogen
concentrate in Afibrinogenemia patients). Local principal investigator

$27000 grant

2012-2015

Smart Study (Immunogenicity evaluation of RT rFVIIa in hemophilia A
patients with high titer inhibitor). Principal investigator

$10000 grant

2006-2007

STER Study (Factor VII registery in patients with congenital FVII
deficiency). Principle investigator

$12000 grant

2009-2010

FX Study (Clinical and PK evaluation of a new FX concentrate in
congenital FX deficiency). Principal investigator

$20000 grant

2009-2010

Optimal care study (Clinical and paraclinical evaluation of Thalassemia
intermediate Patients), Local principalinvestigator

$7500 grant