Subject: Farhad Handjani, MD
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18721      Publish Date : Monday, July 6, 2020 Visit : 2463 

Farhad Handjani, MD 

Farhad Handjani, MD 

 

Farhad Handjani, MD	 Farhad Handjani, MD 

Professor of Dermatology – Head of the Department 

Department of Dermatology, School of Medicine 

Director, Molecular Dermatology Research Center

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences 

E-mail:  [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> ,
[email-masked]

 

 

 

 

 

Biography

Farhad Handjani is a Professor of Dermatology at School of Medicine,
Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS). Dr. Handjani received his
Doctorate of Medicine (MD) at SUMS in 1991. Quickly thereafter, he
started his dermatology residency at SUMS in 1991 and completed his
training in dermatology and received his board certification in 1995.

Dr. Handjani has published more than 70 articles in different
internationally recognized peer-reviewed journals such as Dermatologic
Therapy, International Journal of Dermatology PLoS Neglected Tropical
Diseases, BMJ Open, BMC Infectious Diseases. In January 2020, Dr.
Handjani was able to win the votes of the World Association of Medical
Editors’ (WAME) members to become one of the directors of the governing
board. In addition to this new position, Dr. Handjani is currently the
President of Eastern Mediterranean Association of Medical Editors
(EMAME), the President of the Iranian Society of Dermatology, and
member of National Medical Journals Accreditation Committee affiliated
with the Iranian Ministry of Health. For over 10 years, Dr.Handjani has
been a member of the Iranian Board of Dermatology and he was recently
appointed as one of its coordinators. Since 2001, Dr.Handjani has been
working closely with WHO/TDR and WHO/IVR as a temporary consultant and
has been trained as a GCP Clinical Monitor by that organization. In
that capacity, he has monitored various drug and vaccine trials for WHO
in Africa, Asia and Russia. Lastly, Dr.Handjani is currently the chief
editor of two medical journals: Middle East Journal of Cancer (MEJC)
and the Iranian Journal of Dermatology.

Significant International Collaborations 

Total number of publications: 71

Number of joint publications:  9

Number of National and International Presentations: 60

International Association Memberships:

*	International Society of Dermatology
*	European Hidradenitis Suppurativa Foundation
*	Eastern Mediterranean Association of Medical Editors (EMAME)
*	World Association of Medical Editors (WAME)

International Research Projects and Grants

Year

Project title

Funding

1999  

Immunology of Cutaneous Leishmaniasis

Rene Touraine Foundation Fellowship Grant

Role: Co-investigator

5000

French Francs

2015

Cutaneous Leishmaniasis Patient`s Experiences (Interview and Analysis),
A Multicenter Study.

WHO/TDR Grant

Role: Principle Investigator

5000 USD