Subject: Amir Oncology Hospital
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18725      Publish Date : Tuesday, June 30, 2020 Visit : 13850 

Amir Oncology Hospital 

Amir Oncology Hospital 

 Amir Oncology Hospital

Amir Hospital

About	 
Amir Oncology Hospital was built by Mrs. Zahra Saadat, a benefactor
from Shiraz, in an area of 6370 square meters. The hospital was built
in remembrance of Mrs. Saadat’s son, Amir Reza Hadaegh, who died of
cancer. This center was donated to SUMS in 2000 and was equipped and
opened in 2007. The hospital rapidly became one of the major oncology
centers in Iran. It is currently the only specialized oncology medical
facility in Fars Province and is responsible for cancer care in the
south of Iran.

According to the most recent statistics, Amir Oncology Hospital has a
staff of 334, including an infectious disease specialist, 12
oncologists, 2 internists, 2 pediatricians, 170 nurses, 22 General
Physicians, et cetera. Staff provides patients with a multidisciplinary
approach including surgery and chemotherapy. As a nationally recognized
academic medical center, the hospital provides specialized treatment
for a wide range of cancers and hematologic disorders. Its commitment
to providing patients with the best cancer care begins with offering
the best possible diagnostic services. These cutting-edge diagnostic
techniques embrace:

*	Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Scanning
*	Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
*	Breast MRI with Biopsy Capability
*	Computed Tomography (CT) Scanning
*	Digital Mammography
*	CT-Guided Tissues Biopsies
*	Nuclear Medicine
*	Hemostasis Testing
*	Molecular Diagnostics
*	Access to Flow Cytometry
*	BRCA Testing

Furthermore, this hospital is an affiliate of Shiraz University of
Medical Sciences and carries out its duties of providing training for
graduates, residents, and fellows as one of SUMS teaching facilities.

Hospital Type

Specialty Teaching Hospital

 Wards

Amir oncology hospital, moreover, houses 140 approved beds, 12
inpatient wards, 4 outpatient wards, 2 surgery rooms, and 4
para-clinical sections.

Inpatient Wards

*	3 Pediatric Wards
*	3 Adults Wards
*	1 Pediatric Oncology Emergency Ward
*	1 Adult Oncology Emergency Ward
*	1 Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
*	2 Bone marrow Transplant Wards (Adult and Pediatrics) 

Outpatients Wards

*	2 Clinics (Adult and Pediatrics)
*	2 Outpatient Chemotherapy Wards (Adult and Pediatrics)

Paraclinical Departments

1.	Laboratory
2.	Dentistry
3.	Radiology and Sonography
4.	Drugstore

Clinics  

*	Internal Medicine Clinic
*	Imam Reza Multi-specialty Clinic
*	Motahari Multi-specialty Clinic
*	Women’s Clinic
*	Health Prevention and Promotion Clinic
*	Psychology and Psychiatry Clinic
*	Cardiac Clinic and Echocardiography

Distinctive Services

Amir Oncology Hospital provides an average of 47700 services annually
not only to the provincial visitors and non-provincial (southern Iran)
ones but also to patients from other countries such as Pakistan,
Afghanistan, and Emirates. The hospital offers services including, but
not limited to:

*	Chemotherapy Outpatient
*	Chemotherapy Inpatient
*	Blood Transfusion & Blood Products Transfusion
*	Bone Marrow Transplant
*	Bone Marrow Aspiration & Biopsy
*	Stem Cells Transplant
*	Plasmapheresis
*	Pain Management in Sickle Patients
*	Lumbar Puncture
*	Radiography
*	Sonography

Ancillary Services

Clinical Tests

*	Routine Tests
*	Srum, CSF, BAL Galactomannan Test
*	Fungal Bood Clture with Bactec Automatic System (BD)
*	Cytological Tests
*	Microbiological Tests
*	Blood Bank

Outpatient Surgical Services

*	Port-catheter Insertion Surgery
*	Bone Marrow Biopsy
*	Bronchoscopy
*	Central Venous Catheter Placement (Double Lumen, Triple Lumen)

Counseling services

Both inpatients and outpatients are receiving the following counseling
services:

*	Psychologic
*	Psychiatric
*	Nutrition
*	Infection

Funding Status	 
Public

Hospital Contact Details

Hospital CEO: Dr. Seyyed Omid Reza Zekavat 

Tel.:(+98 71) 36 32 35 32 - 4

Fax:(+98 71) 36 32 56 55

Address: Station 11, Shahid Rajaee St. (AKA Farhang Shahr), Shiraz,
Iran, 7187915998 

For more information please visit Amir Oncology Hospital Website
<https://amirhosp.sums.ac.ir/> .

	
 	 
  _____  

Useful Links:

Nemazee Hospital (KA Namazi Hospital)
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18720/Nemazee-Hospital> 

Shahid Faghihi Hospital
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18710/Shahid-Faghihi-Hospital--AKA-Sa-ad
i-Hospital-> 

Shahid Chamran Hospital
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18728/Shahid-Chamran-Hospital> 

Emtiyaz Hospital and Shahid Rajaee Surgery Emergency Center
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18727/Emtiyaz-Hospital-and-Shahid-Rajaee
-Surgery-Emergency-Center> 

Khalili Hospital
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18735/Khalili-Hospital> 

Hazrate Ali-Asghar Hospital
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18736/Hazrate-Ali-Asghar-Hospital> 

Shahid Dasgheib Hospital
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18740/Shahid-Dasgheib-Hospital> 

Hazrate Zeinab Hospital
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18747/Hazrate-Zeinab-Hospital> 

Amir-Al-Moemenin Hospital
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18749/Amir-Al-Moemenin-Hospital> 

Hafez Hospital <http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18737/Hafez-Hospital> 

Al-Zahra and Shahid Hejazi Hospital
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18729/Al-Zahra-and-Shahid-Hejazi-Hospita
l> 

Shooshtari Hospital
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18741/Shooshtari-Hospital> 

Ibn-e-Sina Hospital
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18738/Ibn-e-Sina-Hospital> 

Ostad Moharary Neuropsychiatric Hospital
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18739/Ostad-Moharary-Neuropsychiatric-Ho
spital> 

About Shiraz <http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18301/Discovering-Shiraz>