Subject: Shahid Dastgheib Hospital
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18740      Publish Date : Tuesday, June 30, 2020 Visit : 13870 

Shahid Dastgheib Hospital 

Shahid Dastgheib Hospital 

Shahid Dastgheib Hospital

Shahid Dasgheib Hospital

About

The first building of Shahid Dastgheib Hospital was constructed in 1949
and equipped in 1950. The Hospital initiated its activities as a
medical auxiliary affiliated to Iran’s Road Administration Office. This
medical auxiliary included a drugstore, a doctor’s office, and an
injection and wound dressing room. Then, in 1961, the facility was
expanded with governmental support and in 1967, turned into a hospital
called Soraya Hospital owing to the endeavors of Dr. Chesh, the CEO of
the medical facility. Soraya Hospital offered different services in
obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, surgery, ophthalmology,
orthopedics, and ENT. In 1976, Soraya Hospital turned into a 40-bed
hospital and was called Hospital No. 3. Later in the 1980s, being named
after Shahid Dastgheib, who was assassinated on Dec. 11, 1981, the
Hospital’s name changed to Shahid Dastgheib Hospital. The Hospital
strives to provide a social network of support and services to
patients, students, residents, and fellows either from Iran or abroad.
Incorporating the most eminent Genetic Counseling and Testing Center
and Comprehensive Thalassemia and Hemophilia Center in the region,
Shahid Dastgheib Hospital is a top-notch habitat for diagnosing,
healing, caring, researching, and learning within these scopes.

Hospital Type

General Teaching Hospital

Hospital  Wards

*	Operating Room
*	Pediatric ER
*	Pediatrics
*	Ophthalmology
*	Otolaryngology (ENT)
*	Thalassemia
*	Hemophilia

Paraclinical Departments

*	Radiology
*	Audiometry Services
*	Optometry
*	Physiotherapy

clinics	 

*	Specialty and Subspecialty Clinics
*	Dental clinic

Paraclinical Services

*	General Laboratory and Pathology Services
*	Genetic Laboratory
*	Drugstore
*	Dental Services
*	Radiology Services
*	Sonography Servicers
*	Optometric Services
*	Audiology Services
*	Physiotherapy Services
*	Injection services
*	Electrocardiography services

Distinctive Services

*	Genetic Counseling and Testing Center for Prenatal diagnosis of
Thalassemia and Hemophilia

*	Comprehensive Thalassemia and Hemophilia Center

Genetic Counseling and Genetic Testing Center for Prenatal diagnosis of
Thalassemia and Hemophilia

Genetic Counseling and Genetic Testing Center for Prenatal diagnosis of
Thalassemia and Hemophilia located at Shahid Dastgheib Hospital is one
the most significant centers in this field in Iran and is among the
three reference centers for coagulation tests in the Country.  This
center is the administrator of teaching Blood Coagulation Test
Methodology to SUMS trainees and those affiliated to medical
universities in Tabriz, Ahvaz, Esfahan, and Mashad. It also screens
Blood Coagulation Tests performed at these universities. The center is
well-recognized among university laboratories which perform a large
quantity of prenatal thalassemia and hemophilia diagnostic tests and
offers laboratory services to the entire communities from not only Fars
Province but also Bushehr Province as well as Kohgiluyeh and
Boyer-Ahmad Province. Moreover, the Center is cooperating with World
Federation of Hemophilia (WFH) and Thalassemia International Federation
(TIF) and has come to a sistership agreement with the University of
Milan.

To detect prenatal blood diseases  such as thalassemia (Alfa and Beta)
and other hemoglobinopathies, chorionic villi sampling and amniotic
fluid sampling are performed at this center. Moreover, premarital
screening (CBC-Electrophoresis), genetic counseling, genetic testing
for inherited bleeding disorders and coagulation disorders, genetic
testing of male infertility including Y-chromosome deletion in males
with non-obstructive infertility and diagnosis tests of different types
of anemia e.g. sickle cell anemia and prenatal genetic testing for
chromosomal abnormalities including Down Syndrome are among the
plethora of services offered at SUMS Genetic Counseling and Genetic
Testing Center for Prenatal diagnosis of Thalassemia and Hemophilia. In
case of necessity, the Center also collects samples and refers them to
high-tech laboratories either within Iran or abroad. In addition, to
further research at SUMS, the Center conducts a diverse range of
research projects in cooperation with neurologists, cardiologists,
obstetricians, and gynecologists.

Comprehensive Thalassemia and Hemophilia Center

As the only available Comprehensive Thalassemia and Hemophilia Center
in Shiraz, this university facility provides services within the
following scopes:

Comprehensive Thalassemia (COLIZ)

At this center, patients with thalassemia receive specialty services
including blood transfusion therapy, osteoporosis injection, genetic
tests, medical diagnostic tests, dentistry, physiotherapy, sonography,
echocardiography, rehabilitation, and psychological and psychiatric
counseling. Self-care techniques are also taught to patients with
thalassemia by experts available at the Center. These patients,
moreover, have access to General physicians and hematologists for
routine check-ups, or in case of necessity, they will be referred to
physicians outside the Hospital community.

Comprehensive Hemophilia Center

SUMS Comprehensive Hemophilia Center provides patients with hemophilia
and coagulation disorders with the succeeding services:

*	Preparing, distributing and infusing clotting factors, and
other blood products
*	Educating patients
*	Teaching self-care techniques to patients especially to female
patients
*	Teaching patients how to inject themselves with clotting factors
*	Physiotherapy
*	Dentistry
*	Rehabilitation
*	Joint and orthopedic treatment
*	Getting the patients to do their required genetic and medical
diagnostic tests
*	Referring the patients for Psychological and psychiatric
counseling services

As a part of the mission of the research and teaching community at
Shahid Dastgheib Hospital, in addition, this center not only cooperates
in conducting national and international research projects but also
trains staff, fellows, residents, and medical students.

Hospital Statistics

Number of Approved Beds: 130

Number of Active Beds: 124

Hospital Contact Details

Hospital CEO: Dr. Kazem Samadi
Tel.: (+98 71) 32 28 80 64-66
Fax: (+98 71) 32 29 80 92
Address: Hafez St., Shahid Dastgheib Hospital, Shiraz, Iran, 714563769
For more information please visit Shahid Dastgheib Hospital official
website <https://dastgheib.sums.ac.ir/> .	 

  _____  

Useful Links:

Nemazee Hospital (KA Namazi Hospital)
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18720/Nemazee-Hospital> 

Shahid Faghihi Hospital
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18710/Shahid-Faghihi-Hospital--AKA-Sa-ad
i-Hospital-> 

Amir Oncology Hospital
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18725/Amir-Oncology-Hospital> 

Shahid Chamran Hospital
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18728/Shahid-Chamran-Hospital> 

Emtiyaz Hospital and Shahid Rajaee Surgery Emergency Center
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18727/Emtiyaz-Hospital-and-Shahid-Rajaee
-Surgery-Emergency-Center> 

Khalili Hospital
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18735/Khalili-Hospital> 

Hazrate Ali-Asghar Hospital
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18736/Hazrate-Ali-Asghar-Hospital> 

Hazrate Zeinab Hospital
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18747/Hazrate-Zeinab-Hospital> 

Amir-Al-Moemenin Hospital
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18749/Amir-Al-Moemenin-Hospital> 

Hafez Hospital <http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18737/Hafez-Hospital> 

Al-Zahra and Shahid Hejazi Hospital
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18729/Al-Zahra-and-Shahid-Hejazi-Hospita
l> 

Shooshtari Hospital
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18741/Shooshtari-Hospital> 

Ibn-e-Sina Hospital
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18738/Ibn-e-Sina-Hospital> 

Ostad Moharary Neuropsychiatric Hospital
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18739/Ostad-Moharary-Neuropsychiatric-Ho
spital> 

About Shiraz <http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18301/Discovering-Shiraz>