Subject: Dr. Vahid Mehrnoush
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18742      Publish Date : Monday, June 15, 2020 Visit : 2740 

Dr. Vahid Mehrnoush 

Dr. Vahid Mehrnoush 
	 Dr. Vahid Mehrnoush 

Acute Care Surgery Research Fellow

Department of Surgery

Faculty of Medicine

University of British Colombia, Vancouver General Hospital

E-mail Address: [email-masked]

Phone: +1 604-875-4111

Address: Idea Hub, Trauma Services, VGH 767 W12th Ave, Vancouver, BC,
V5Z 1N1, Canada

CV

Biography 

Dr. Vahid Mehrnoush completed medical school at Hormozgan University of
Medical Sciences, Iran and did graduate studies in experimental
medicine at University of British Columbia, Canada. He worked as an
emergency physician in Bandar Abbas and Isfahan, Iran from 2007-2012.
In the end of 2012, he migrated to Canada to pursue his career in
general surgery and conduct relevant research. Several research
position (i.e. research assistant, research coordinator, and research
fellow) have helped him pave his path to achieve his goals. Over years,
his desire for conducting research has prompted him to be involved in a
variety of research, namely clinical research, health literacy, social
determinant of health, patient engagement, medical education, and
public health and preventive medicine.

Currently, he serves as an Acute Care Surgery Research Fellow focusing
on health information technology including designing the General
Surgery Learning Health System, the Corresponding Research System, and
developing a website to centralize research activities and trace the
knowledge flow in the Division of General Surgery. He is also
developing an intense course entitled “Innovation Week” for surgical
residents with the ultimate goal of training creative and innovative
leaders in General Surgery in the future. As a medical consultant and
the lead of “Residency section” in virtual medical education project
(CyberPatientTM) run by International Health, he is now working on an
e-learning platform for residency education based on a cutting-edge
approach in medical education called Competency by Design (including
the CANMEDS roles, Milestones, and Entrustable Professional Activities)
adopted by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
Following his sizzling passion for global health and reverse brain
drain, he is collaborating with researchers and mentoring students in
the universities in Iran. Reading books, running, playing sports,
singing in choir, and even practicing creativity are among his
strategies to prevent burnout, keep his ideas flowing, and improve
productivity.

Research Priorities:

Trauma, Acute Care, and Global Surgery

*	System design (Research System and Learning Health System
design in General Surgery)

a. Collaboration (Art, Business, Behavioural Organization, Engineering,
and so on)

b. Real-time data and knowledge access

c. Leadership

d. Creativity and Innovation

*	Medical Education
*	Clinical Research and Quality Improvement
*	 Public/Population Health and Preventive Medicine (Injury
prevention and Road Safety)
*	Entrepreneurship

Previous Academic Collaborations with SUMS: 

Collaborating in a few projects with Shahid Rajaei Trauma Centre
(Shiraz Trauma Center) and mentoring some medical students