Subject: Dr. Mohammad Mehdi Ommati
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18744      Publish Date : Saturday, January 11, 2020 Visit :
3617 

Dr. Mohammad Mehdi Ommati 

Dr. Mohammad Mehdi Ommati 
Dr. Mohammad Mehdi Ommati 
	 Dr. Mohammad Mehdi Ommati 

Associate Professor of Henan Key Laboratory of Environmental and Animal
Product Safety

College of Animal Science and Technology

Henan University of Science and Technology 

E-mail Address: [email-masked], [email-masked]

Phone:  (+86) 17 83 57 12 993

Address: College of Animal Science and Technology, Henan University of
Science and Technology, Luoyang 471000, Henan, China

Download CV

Biography 

Mehdi Ommati held his degree in Animal Sciences in 2009 from Mohaghegh
University and his M.Sc. (2011) and Ph.D. (2018) in the Reproductive
Physiology Section at the same university (Shiraz University) under the
guidance of Professor M. Javad Zamiri. During his education, he was a
top student and a member of the National Elites Foundation (INEF). He
moved to Shanxi Agricultural University (SXAU) for a sabbatical
position in 2016. He is currently an associate professor at the College
of Animal Science and Technology of Henan University of Science and
Technology. He serves as an Editorial Board Member and Reviewer of over
a dozen Toxicology and Reproduction-related journals. His research
activities primarily focused on the various aspects of male and female
reproductive indices, immuno-suppression methods in fertility,
xenobiotics-induced mitochondria injuries in reproductive and
non-reproductive organs, hepatotoxicology, behavioral traits, and
xenobiotics-triggered reproductive toxicology, as well as toxicology
methods with a beneficial effect on health; and all are documented by
more than 189 publications in various peer-reviewed journals, with 3073
citations/ hindex 34/ i-10-index 75, about 20 chapters to international
books, and three national and international books, as well as
communications in international and domestic congresses, presenting
main, oral and poster communications. Meanwhile, he has won the
“Outstanding Scientist Award” in the “12th International Scientist
Awards on Engineering, Science, and Medicine”. A diploma was bestowed
to M him (2023) by Autonoma Metropolitan University (UAM) for his
first-rank cooperation with a UAM master’s degree in animal
reproductive biology in the field of reproductive toxicology. Dr.
Ommati is a visiting professor at the Shiraz University of Medicine
(SUMS), Shiraz, Iran.

Research Priorities:

*	Xenobiotics- triggered male and female sub-/in- fertility
*	Antioxidants and mitochondrial injuries
*	Reproductive and non-reproductive organ toxicity upon exposure
to drugs (in-vivo and in-vitro) through intracellular related routes
such as autophagy, apoptosis etc. 

Previous Academic Collaborations with SUMS: 

*	More than 60 joint publications with SUMS
*	Publication of two chapters in a jointly published English
book: 

	5.	Toxicology. Chapter 37: Amino Acids Ameliorate Heavy
Metals Induced Oxidative Stress in Male/Female Reproductive Tissue.
Toxicology Book, Elsevier, Patel & Preedy (Eds.): Toxicology (Book
Title)

5.	Chapter 38: Betaine, Heavy Metal Protection, Oxidative Stress,
and the Liver. Toxicology Book, Elsevier Publication, Patel & Preedy
(Eds.): Toxicology (Book Title)

Number and the Duration of Previous Visits to SUMS

*	January 2020-September 2020
*	June 15-July 15, 2019
*	June 15-July 15, 2018
*	January 1-February 15, 2018
*	June 15-July 15, 2017
*	January 1-February 15, 2017