Subject: Vice-Chancellery for Treatment Affairs
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18782      Publish Date : Tuesday, April 13, 2021 Visit : 1451 

Vice-Chancellery for Treatment Affairs 

Vice-Chancellery for Treatment Affairs 

Vice-Chancellery for Treatment Affairs

Sustainable efforts toward the betterment of the community have been
among the missions on which Shiraz University of Medical Sciences
(SUMS) has been persistently emphasizing. To make this objective
enacted, SUMS Vice-Chancellery for Treatment Affairs is entirely
responsible for making policy decisions, directing SUMS activities in
treatment affairs, and supporting service-providing units of hospitals
in Fars province. The Vice-Chancellery sets its objectives to provide
each member of the province with quality diagnosis, treatment, and
rehabilitation services. Within a range of reasonably accessible and
optimized medical facilities, state-of-the-art health services are
delivered by expert health care professionals and trained staff at a
reasonable price. To decrease disparities in health services across the
province, not only adequate structures are provided but operational
management of the facilities is also observed. Vice-Chancellery for
Treatment Affairs, moreover, prioritizes alleviating and treating
different types of disabilities, reducing the death toll, and
delivering health care services to patients with rare or refractory
diseases as well as those in need of emergency care.

Key Task Responsibilities Are to:

*	Assuage short-term and long-term complications of diabetes,
prevent the occurrence of such complications, take necessary measures
to diverge from normal progression of the disease, stop the progression
of the disease all according to the national medical guidelines
prepared to control desired metabolic functions and prevent early and
late complications of diabetes
*	Prepare and implement health promotional and development
strategies for neonatal and pediatric health care services aiming at
reducing neonatal and pediatric mortality
*	Study and assess the pattern of hospital-acquired infections
and reduce the antibiotic intake prudently
*	Train staff regarding infection control and clinical personal
safety
*	Prepare an operational plan for medical tourism programs and
issue the required International Patient Department (IPD) License for
medical facilities and facilitator companies
*	Recruit and assign specialists and paramedics
*	Issue different medical licenses
*	Supervise laboratories in Fars Province and promote laboratory
service status
*	Monitor radiology services and pertinent affairs at Medical
facilities
*	Monitor the provision and distribution of medical equipment
across the province
*	Screen and assess medical facilities’ activities at various
time intervals
*	Recruit physicians into medical councils
*	Provide information on medical tariffs and review received
complains and infraction reports in this regard
*	Make pharmaceutical services available to patients with rare
diseases and provide them with essential information and instruction
*	Provide medical emergency care services within a very short
time and with the lowest complications
*	Conduct applied research to promote community health and
resolve problems involved in the health care system
*	Coordinate all the affairs related to nursing with those of
midwifery
*	Screen and maintain community health care via dealing with
violators according to SUMS rules and regulations and its legal power
as well as complying with Iran’s penal codes
*	Arrange health programs for medical facilities across the
province and screen the implementation of the programs
*	Pay special attention to hospital and prehospital emergencies
and plan to improve the current situation with the cooperation of other
SUMS vice-chancelleries
*	Pursue the completion of medical projects in the province to
develop fair diagnostic and medical services
*	Supervise medical activities to deliver optimal health services
in the public and private sectors and to respect the rights of service
recipients
*	Implement the clinical guidance program in cooperation with
SUMS School of Medicine
*	Implement the vice-chancellery’s operational plan in accord
with Iran’s 1404 vision plan and SUMS policies

Directorates

*	Directorate for Disease Control and Prevention and Health
Centers for Diagnosis and Treatment
*	Directorate for Supervision and Accreditation of Treatment
Programs
*	Directorate for Trauma and Emergency Medical Services
*	Reference Laboratory, Directorate for Laboratory Affairs
*	Directorate for Complementary and Traditional Medicine
*	Directorate for Medical Equipment
*	Office of Coordinating Insurance Affairs, Tariff, and
Standardization

Vice-Chancellor:

Amin Niakan, M.D.

Address:5th Floor, Administration Building of Shiraz University of
Medical Sciences, Zand St., Shiraz, Iran

Zip Code: 71348-14336

Tel.: (+98 71) 32 30 54 10 <http://tel:+987132305410>  -19
<tel:+987132305419> 

Email: [email-masked]