Subject: Vice-Chancellery for Health Affairs
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18784      Publish Date : Tuesday, April 13, 2021 Visit : 1765 

Vice-Chancellery for Health Affairs 

Vice-Chancellery for Health Affairs 

Vice-Chancellery for Health Affairs

In cooperation with seven other vice-chancelleries of Shiraz University
of Medical Sciences (SUMS), the Vice-Chancellery for Health Affairs has
been constantly endeavoring to promote population health care, improve
health care parity, and sustain Iran’s health care system. When Iran’s
Ministry of Health, Treatment, and Medical Education introduced reforms
in the Country’s health sector in 2014, Fars province was announced to
be among the first pilot areas to administer the health care
reformation. Therefore, SUMS made the Vice-Chancellery for Primary
Health Care responsible to organize, regulate, plan, assess, guide, and
supervise the implementation of the reformed health policy. As a part
of the novel health care program, under the direct supervision of the
Vice-Chancellery, Fars became the first province in Iran where family
physician program was launched. Currently, the Vice-Chancellery
conducts the largest health network in the Country. Its nine
administration units plan, lead, manage, and evaluate programs
administered by health networks throughout Fars province.  

Key Task Responsibilities Are to:

*	Control and prevent Regional contagious and non-contagious
diseases
*	Create epidemiological maps
*	Develop short-term and long-term operational plans pursuant to
Iran’s health policy and communicate them to all provincial health
networks of Fars province.
*	Manage and organize executive plans for looking after children,
neonates, nursing mothers, and pregnant women
*	Monitor environmental sanitation including public places,
sewage disposal, rubbish disposal, and food business places such as
takeaways, restaurants, cafes, et cetera, as well as measure and
observe environmental pollutions, water quality, and air quality
*	Monitor and control occupational risk factors
*	Promote education about health and wellness and train people to
pick up a healthy lifestyle
*	Equip and finance SUMS health networks and provide them with
technical and administrative support
*	Price and supply the required medicines, biologic materials,
and medical equipment of SUMS affiliated units
*	Supervise and assess all technical, administrative, and
financial activities of SUMS affiliated units
*	Program and follow up student health care plans and coordinate
with Fars Department of Education on the issue
*	Prepare and follow up mental health plans, public health-care
plans, and addiction control programs
*	Manage community nutrition optimization plan to reform people’s
eating habits and food basket
*	Manage the received data and statistics from SUMS health
networks
*	Identify and categorize sanitation problems and their germane
technical and administrative difficulties prevailing in the society
*	Develop and reform healthcare units according to population
distribution and the public’s ease of access to healthcare services
*	Develop community-oriented medicine (community medicine) in
Fars province
*	Conceive, conduct, and cooperate in innovative national and
regional research projects
*	Garner and study health centers’ activity reports and prepare
the results of the survey to be reported to the responsible authorities
*	Supervise performance (administrative) units cooperating in
creating and programming the network system of health care services  
*	Cooperate with other SUMS vice-chancelleries, as well as
national NGOs and government agencies involved in the health sector
*	Develop software and hardware infrastructures of electronic
health care services
*	Engage people in health care
*	Develop Iran’s electronic referral system
*	Increase the private sectors’ share in offering health care
services
*	Speed up the identification of patients with chronic diseases
(diabetes, hypertension, et cetera) and provide them with the required
health care services
*	Foster safe workplace environments
*	Improve workplace health and safety
*	Annually accredit health care facilities against international
benchmarks
*	Update health care providers’ knowledge

Directorates and Units

*	Directorate for Health Network Development and Health Promotion
*	Directorate for Family Health, Population, and School Health
*	Directorate for Mental Health, Public Health, and Addiction
Control
*	Unit of Contagious Disease Control and Prevention
*	Unit of Non-Contagious Disease Control and Prevention
*	Unit of Disaster Risk Reduction
*	Unit of Health Care Education and Promotion
*	Unit of Oral Health
*	Unit of Community Nutrition Improvement
*	Unit of environmental Health and Safety
*	Unit of Occupational Health and Safety
*	Unit of Health System Research (HSR)
*	Unit of Statistics and Computer Information Systems
*	Unit of Laboratory Affairs
*	Unit of Drug Affairs

Vice-Chancellor:

Owrang Eilami, M.D.

Address: 4th Floor, Administration Building of Shiraz University of
Medical Sciences, Zand St., Shiraz, Iran

Zip Code: 71348-14336

Tel.: (+98 71) 32 12 27 25 <tel:+987132122725> - 6 <tel:+987132122726> 

Email: [email-masked]