Subject: Vice-Chancellery for Food and Drug
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18785      Publish Date : Tuesday, April 13, 2021 Visit : 1564 

Vice-Chancellery for Food and Drug 

Vice-Chancellery for Food and Drug 

Vice-Chancellery for Food and Drug Affairs

To supply the nation with safe food and secure and effective medical
products, health and safety screening measures have been implemented by
the Vice-Chancellery for Food and Drug Affairs, which started its
activity as one of the directorates of the Vice-Chancellery for
Treatment in 1966. SUMS Vice-Chancellery for Food and Drug Affairs has
been playing a leading role in providing the residents of Fars province
with equity in health care services and drug distribution. To this end,
it has pioneered launching “The Comprehensive Software for Poisonings”
and SAMAK Online System for Drug Distribution in Iran. For the first
time in the Country, moreover, the Vice-Chancellery was ISO 9001
certified in the area of food and drug. Further, a battery of the most
advanced experimental laboratory tests in the areas of microbiology,
chemistry, and toxicology tests are implemented by the
Vice-Chancellery’s reference laboratory.  

Key Task Responsibilities Are to:

*	Participate in food and drug policymaking
*	Supervise and control its affiliated units
*	Observe the enforcement of different rules and regulations in
drug manufacturing, storage, transportation, distribution, retail, and
consumption 
*	Inspect the production and storage of food and drug within Fars
province
*	Review the documents and information on food and drug
establishments 
*	Monitor and support the implementation of research programs in
the field of food and drug
*	Oversee the activities pertaining to teaching the population or
informing them on the proper consumption of food, cosmetics, and
personal hygiene products
*	Observe and process review for all food processing plants and
franchise food service facilities
*	Examine food and drug product packaging to detect tampering,
adulteration, and misbranding as well as make effective and prompt
response to any potential or actual threats and emergencies involved
with food supply and pharmaceutical products
*	Maintain and update information about drug shortages and make
major decisions
*	Conduct necessary lab. tests to ensure and control the safety
of the food available to Iranian consumers
*	Inspect drugstores, pharmacists, and pharmaceutical
manufacturers and keep them under constant technical supervision
*	Interact with pharmaceutical industry
*	Monitor the proper use of the funds earmarked for the following
units: food, pharmaceutical drugs, traditional products, medical
devices, natural health products, and dietary supplements
*	Ensure and promote public ease of access to healthy food
supply, safe medications, standard medical devices, medicinal plants,
and herbal medicines within Fars province
*	Protect and advance public health  
*	Support and speed innovations and research projects which would
lead to providing the nation with safe and effective medical products
and safe food products
*	Review and license food and drug manufacturing facilities in
Fars province
*	Keep updated with the FDO (Food and Drug Organization) database
to achieve the most recent information about FDO-approved brand names
and biological therapeutic products. 

Directorates and Affiliated Units

*	Directorate for Supervision and Evaluation of Food, Beverage,
and Personal Care Products
*	Directorate for Inspection and Evaluation of Pharmaceutical
Products and Substances
*	Directorate for Inspection and Evaluation of Medical Equipment
*	Directorate for Traditional and Natural Health Products and
Dietary Supplements
*	Directorate for Research and Development
*	Directorate for Administrative Affairs
*	Laboratory of Food and Drug Safety and Quality Control
*	Information Technology Unit

Vice-Chancellor:

Mohammad Javad Khoshnood Mansoorkhani, Pharm.D., Ph.D.

Address: 6th floor, Administration Building of Shiraz University of
Medical Sciences, Zand St., Shiraz, Iran

Zip Code: 7134814336

Tel.: (+98 71)  32 33 46 88 <tel:987132334688> 

Email: [email-masked]