Subject: Vice-Chancellery for Cultural and student Affairs
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18787      Publish Date : Tuesday, April 13, 2021 Visit : 1432 

Vice-Chancellery for Cultural and student Affairs 

Vice-Chancellery for Cultural and student Affairs 

Vice-Chancellery for Cultural and Student Affairs

For the primary purpose of assisting the University in fulfilling its
mission and going ahead with its vision plan, Vice-Chancellery for
Cultural and Student Affairs engages, supports, and develops the
University community as active citizens in a diverse society. To make
SUMS experience enriching and inclusive, all five directorates at the
Vice-Chancellery are committed to providing exemplary services which
foster students’ personal growth, support students to successfully
pursue academic and personal interests, and sustain a safe and healthy
University community. Therefore, cultural and student affairs
programming emphasizes leadership education, student involvement,
residential and commuter student life, service-learning, financial
support, psychological and physical wellbeing of students, and
recreation activities. Students' involvement in co-curricular and
extracurricular activities and cultural programs are also facilitated
via a broad range of workshops, forum sessions, competitions, and
student scientific and cultural associations activities. Currently, 28
student scientific associations and 20 student cultural associations
are active at SUMS.

Directorates

*	Directorate of Student Affairs 

	*	Office of Housing and Residential Life
	*	Office of Student Nutrition
	*	Office of Student Welfare Services
	*	Student Health services Center
	*	Student Counseling Services Center

*	Directorate of Physical Education
*	Directorate of Cultural Affairs and Extracurricular Activities 

	*	Administration Office of Subordinate Cultural Affairs
Offices
	*	Office of Cultural Clubs and Extracurricular Activities
	*	Office of Quranic Activities Development

*	Directorate of Education Development Center (EDC)

Achievements

*	Obtaining the second rank in the 9th Simorq festival hosted by
Iran’s Ministry of Health, Treatment. And Medical Education
*	Obtaining the second rank in the 10th Simorq festival by Iran’s
Ministry of Health, Treatment. And Medical Education
*	Holding the international cartoon contest, “We Defeat
Coronavirus”,
*	Iran’s most celebrated medical university in different qur’anic
festivals; achieving the 1st rank for 5 consequent years 
*	Achieving the 1st place in Iran’s Female Sports championship
for 5 consecutive years
*	The most honorable Iranian medical university in Iran’s student
Sports championship
*	Holding the international festival of “Home Sporting”, welcomed
by a great number of Iranian participants from USA, Italy, and Emirates
*	Achieving the Bronze medallion in international Badminton
competitions by one of SUMS coaches
*	Gaining the first place in the International Tennis Competition
by one of SUMS coaches
*	Holding Sports events for Students of International Education
Program

Vice-Chancellor:

Mohammad Reza Samaei, Ph.D.

Address: Underground Floor, Administration Building of Shiraz
University of Medical Sciences, Zand St., Shiraz, Iran

Zip Code: 71348 - 14336

Tel.: (+98 71) 32 12 27 30 <tel:+987132122730> 

Email: [email-masked]