Subject: Dr. Kaveh Khoshnood
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18801      Publish Date : Monday, June 15, 2020 Visit : 2440 

Dr. Kaveh Khoshnood 

Dr. Kaveh Khoshnood 

Dr. Kaveh Khoshnood	 Dr. Kaveh Khoshnood

Associate Professor of Public Health

Department of Epidemiology of Microbial Diseases

Yale School of Public Health

Yale University, United States

 

E-mail Address:   [email-masked]

Phone: +1-203-228-4235

Address: 60 College Street, room 826, New Haven, CT, 06510, USA

CV

 

Biography

I am an Associate Professor at Yale School of Public Health, trained as
an infectious disease epidemiologist with expertise and long-term
experience conducting epidemiological research in Low-and-Middle Income
Countries (LMICs).  My current work is focused primarily on the health
issues of conflict-affected populations and in humanitarian settings
with a focus on the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.  This
work has included the impact of exposure to violent conflict on
substance use and risk of HIV infection, interpersonal violence and
Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs.)  I have also done research on
prevention of firearm injury through policy and law in the U.S.  I am
the principal investigator of a pilot study of "Rapid Assessment and
Response to Substance Use and Risk of HIV and other Blood-borne
Infections among Lebanese nationals and Displaced Populations” and an
investigator on a NIH/NICHD study "Addressing Disparities in HIV
Testing and Care among Displaced Men who have Sex with Men in Lebanon.”
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, I collaborated with colleagues
working in Somalia, Nepal and Iran.  I have also participated in cancer
prevention research projects with conflict-affected populations in
Lebanon, Turkey and Somalia.  I have expertise in ethics of global
health research, including in humanitarian settings.  I am committed to
strengthening public health education and research capacity in LMICs,
particularly those affected by conflict and am currently involved in
several projects with academic partners in Lebanon, Sudan, Somalia and
Iraqi Kurdistan.  I am currently the Principal Investigator of a
Fogarty International Center - funded grant entitled “Masters Level
Research Ethics Training and Curriculum Development Program with China.”
I am co-founder of Yale Violence and Health Study Group and a faculty
member of the Program on Conflict, Resiliency and Health at the Yale
MacMillan Center.

Research Priorities:

*	Health in humanitarian crises;
*	Substance use and HIV/AIDS epidemiology and prevention;
*	global health research ethics

Previous Academic Collaborations with SUMS:

I  have collaborated with Drs. Hossein Molavi Vardanjani, Parinaz
Tabari, Mitra Amini on several projects.