Subject: School of Health Management and Information Sciences
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18841      Publish Date : Saturday, March 12, 2022 Visit : 12698 

School of Health Management and Information Sciences 

School of Health Management and Information Sciences 

School of Health Management and Information Sciences

About

School of Management and Medical Informatics was established in 2001.
However, the history of the current available programs dates back to
1984 when the first students were recruited to study Medical
Informatics and Statistics at Kavar Health Institute. The Institute was
then transferred to Shiraz and the Faculty of Health was founded. In
1995, the Faculty began to admit students to the Bachelor of Science in
Hospital Administration.   

In 2001, all the majors in the field of medical management which were
offered at the Faculty of Health were separated from the Faculty and
formed a new school called the School of Medical Management and
Information. Gradually, different degree programs including Master of
Health Services Management (2005), Master of Health Economics (2009),
Master of Medical Informatics and Health Information Technology (2011),
and a Ph.D. in the field of Health Service Management (2011) were
launched at the School of Medical Management and Information. The
School continued with its graduate education activities and admitted
students to the Ph.D. in "Health Information Management" and "Health in
Emergencies and Disasters" in 2016 and the Ph.D. in “Health Economics”
in 2021.

As the School moved forward, eminent researchers and educators have
been involved with the community. Currently, approximately 22 faculty
members are teaching and conducting research at SUMS School of Health
Management and Information Sciences. The School houses two departments
and a research center known as Health Human Resources Research Center.
Besides, an international peer-reviewed academic journal, Journal of
Health Management & Information Science (JHMI), is published by the
School every season. 

Programs

As for the year of 2022, the following programs are offered by SUMS
School of Health Management and Information Sciences:

Program Name

B.Sc.	 M.Sc.	 Ph.D.	 
Health Economics

 	 Program Exists at SUMS	  	 
Health in Emergencies and Disasters

 	  	 Program Exists at SUMS	 
Health Information Management

 	  	 Program Exists at SUMS	 
Health Information Technology

Program Exists at SUMS	 Program Exists at SUMS	  	 
Health Services Management

Program Exists at SUMS	 Program Exists at SUMS	 Program Exists at SUMS
Medical Informatics

 	 Program Exists at SUMS	  	 

 

Campus Facilities

Major research, teaching, learning, recreation, and welfare investments
have been made at SUMS to ensure that our community is offered the
benefits of a top-notch research university. Theses facilities are
located around SUMS campuses and offer services to all SUMS students,
faculty, and staff. The range of these facilities that are available at
the school of Management and Medical Informatics are as follow:

Educational Facilities 

*	    7 classrooms
*	    A conference halls
*	    A computer lab. with 20 internet accessed-computer systems
with all necessary software
*	    A practice room
*	    A computer room for Master students
*	    A computer room for Ph.D. students
*	    Other facilities: 

	*	 140 computers
	*	16 scanners
	*	 13 video projectors
	*	 9 laptops and notebooks
	*	30 printers
	*	 3 Xerox devices
	*	 2 smart boards
	*	A library with:
	*	   6766 volumes of Persian books
	*	   1471 volumes of English books
	*	  196 E-books
	*	  895 theses and research reports in print  (available
at the School)

Recreation and Welfare Facilities

*	 Gym (various sport equipment for aerobic and professional
bodybuilding)
*	 Self service
*	 Praying hall
*	 Student transportation services

Contact Details

Dean: Dr. Zahra Kavoosi

Email Address:  [email-masked]

Address: School of Health Management and Information Sciences, Almas
Building, Alley 29, Ghasrodasht St., Shiraz, Iran

Zip Code:  71336 - 54361

Tel.: (+98 71) 32 34 07 74 - 8

Fax: (+98 71) 32 34 00 39