Subject: School of Rehabilitation Sciences
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18843      Publish Date : Saturday, March 12, 2022 Visit : 12693 

School of Rehabilitation Sciences 

School of Rehabilitation Sciences 

School of Rehabilitation Sciences

 

About

School of Rehabilitation Sciences was originally founded as a higher
education institute for rehabilitation studies in 1977 and started to
recruit students for its first launched program, an associate’s degree
in Physiotherapy, in the same year. Later in 1978, a bachelor’s degree
program was offered in the same field. As time passed on, the School’s
growth in size, as well as the number of facilities, personnel, and
faculty has laid the groundwork to offer new degree programs which are
chronologically listed below based on the year of establishment:

*	M.Sc. in physiotherapy (1990)
*	Ph.D. in Physiotherapy (2008)
*	B.Sc. in Speech Therapy and in Occupational Therapy (2008)
*	M.Sc. in Ergonomics (2009)
*	M.Sc. in Sport Physiotherapy degree (2009)
*	Ph.D. in Ergonomics (2016)
*	B.Sc. in Audiology, and Orthotics and Prosthetics (2017)

To open up clinical fields of study and to advance health,
rehabilitation, and service delivery through teaching, research, and
professional service, in 2006, the school opened a teaching clinic
located on its campus. The clinic has been focusing on physiotherapy,
occupational therapy, and speech therapy service delivery and education
and is now one of the most active sections of the School. In 2017,
another teaching clinic, Clinic for Pelvic Floor Disorders, was added
to the school complex allowing us to meet the health care and
rehabilitation needs of the society and maintain supervised clinical
practice experiences for our students.

Currently, with seven disciplines related to rehabilitative care, six
departments, five research centers, seven clinics, and 74 faculty
members, SUMS school of Rehabilitation Sciences has a solid reputation
in rehabilitation and disabilities education, research, and health care
services. At SUMS School of Rehabilitation Sciences, the school
community seeks excellence in all their endeavors and facets of work,
uncompromising adherence to ethical principles is emphasized, and
future generations of health care professionals—therapists, counselors,
advocates, scientists, providers, and practitioners— are trained to
serve the needs of all people regardless of background.

Programs:

In the following you can find a comprehensive list of our programs.
With a combination of coursework and intensive hands-on learning, these
programs will prepare students for a meaningful career as a health-care
professional.

Program Name	 B.Sc.	 M.Sc.	 Ph.D.	 
Physical Therapy

Program Exists at SUMS	 Program Exists at SUMS	 Program at Exists at
SUMS	 
Occupational Therapy

Program Exists at SUMS	  	  	 
Speech Therapy

Program Exists at SUMS	  	  	 
Sport Physical Therapy

 	 Program Exists at SUMS	  	 

Campus Facilities

SUMS invests heavily in its facilities ensuring that its students,
faculty, and staff are provided with the best of resources helping them
to succeed in their work and study. SUMS also offers a wide range of
recreation and welfare facilities to create an interactive life
experience across its campuses. The following are among these
facilities available at the School of Rehabilitation Sciences:

Educational Facilities

*	1 Library (Dr. Behrooz Kazemi Library)
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18810/Dr--Behrooz-Kazemi-Library> 
*	1 laboratory (21.5 square meters)
*	9 classrooms (with a total area of 68.319 square meters) used
for undergraduate students
*	1 classroom (with an area of 44.33 square meters) used for
graduate students
*	7 workshop rooms
*	1 conference hall
*	Audiovisual equipment including 12 video projectors, 5 overhead
devices, 1 photo camera, 1 video camera, 1950 teaching slides, 71
teaching videos, 2 opaque projectors, 11 slide projectors
*	1 internet access computer hall (with an area of 24.42 square
meters)
*	115 computers (10 of which can be used by the students at the
school’s computer pool)
*	1 amphitheater hall (80.94 square meters)
*	1 anatomy hall (56.16 square meters)
*	7 theory-practice halls electrotherapy, exercise therapy,
hydrotherapy, moulage, biomechanical laboratory, electrophysiology
laboratory, splint hall, activities workshop room)
*	6 teaching clinics
*	Gait Analysis System (Qualysis, Sweden) - Eight camera high
speed Motion Analysis
*	ME6000 - Telemetry EMG (Mega Electronics Ltd., Finland) - A 16
channel Mega telemetered EMG system
*	Kistler Force Plate - Piezoelectric ground embedded kistler
force plate
*	Biodex Multi-Joint System - System 4 Pro with motorized seat
height, front-to-back chair adjustment, fully assisted dynamometer
height adjustment, and side-to-side adjustment - Attachments: Ankle,
knee, shoulder, elbow, wrist and hip
*	Gait Analysis System (MIE Medical Research Ltd., UK) - The MIE
Gait Analysis System is a unique and economical system providing
instantaneous analysis of gait which can be used anywhere
*	Digital Multi-Myometer (MIE Medical Research Ltd., UK) - The
Digital Analyser Multi-Myometer from MIE Medical Research Ltd is a dual
function dynamometer. It consists of an electronic amplifier with
digital display and two transducers
*	Oxycon Spirometer (Jaege Toennies, Medizintechnik Mit System,
Germany) 
*	Sapphire II Clinical EMG Instrument (Medlec, UK) -  4 channel,
emg/ncv,preamplifier, electrical stimulator
*	Neurowerk EEG - The system provides digital video recording,
mobile long term monitoring with the assistance of our
ultra-light-weight EEG/Polygraphy recorder, bedside monitoring with a
miniaturized tablet PC
*	Neurowerk EMG - The NEUROWERK EMG is a complete 2 or 4 channel
neurophysiological measuring system for EMG, NCV and Evoked Potentials
for use both in the clinic and in research
*	Neuro MS - Magnetic stimulator for diagnostic and therapeutic
stimulation of cerebral cortex motor zones and peripheral nervous system
*	TekScan foot pressure measurement system (mat scan) USA -
Low-profile pressure measurement mat that captures static and dynamic
pressure data for foot function and gait analysis, as well as balance,
sway and postural data
*	Wagner Digital Algometer (FPIX) - The Wagner FPIX™ Digital
Algometer provides pain diagnostic testing with digital clarity and
computer interface for data logging
*	Body Composition Analyzer (Maltron, UK) - Maltron BioScan 916
is both an Impedance and Capacitive analyser and one of the most
advance systems calibrated for all age groups, ethnicity including
clinical population
*	Hydraulic Pinch Gauge - The Jamar Hydraulic Pinch Gauge is a
piece of medical diagnostic equipment that measures the pinch strength
of an individual
*	Treadmill (Work Leisure, USA)

Recreation and Welfare Facilities

*	Buffet
*	Self-canteen
*	Praying room

Contact Details

Dean: Dr. Alireza Motealleh

Email: [email-masked]

Address: School of Rehabilitation Sciences, Chamran Blvd.,1 Abiverdi
St., Shiraz, Iran

P.O. Box: 71345-1733

Zip Code: 71947–33669

Tel.: (+98 71) 36 27 15 51-2

Fax: (+98 71) 36 27 24 95