Subject: School of Nutrition and Food Sciences
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18845      Publish Date : Wednesday, March 16, 2022 Visit :
11760 

School of Nutrition and Food Sciences 

School of Nutrition and Food Sciences 

School of Nutrition and Food Sciences

Over a period of 28 years, SUMS School of Nutrition and Food Sciences
had developed from a department located at SUMS School of Medicine.
This Department, the Department of Nutrition, was established in 1985
and only offered an M.Sc. degree in Nutrition Sciences at that time. In
1991, the department moved to SUMS School of Health and in 2000,
started to train students for a B.Sc. degree in Nutrition Sciences.
Providing the necessary requirements and facilities, in 2009 and later,
in 2013, it offered a Ph.D. in Nutrition and an M.Sc. in Health
Sciences in Nutrition, respectively. Considering the available
facilities, as well as the sufficient number of faculty members and
staff and their rich experience in educating students at different
levels of study in the realm of nutrition sciences, SUMS decided to
turn the Department into a school, the School of Nutrition and Food
Sciences, on July 7, 2013. Currently, within 3 departments, the School
of Nutrition and Food Sciences provides training to approximately 200
students in 7 graduate and undergraduate programs. 

In the following, you can find a comprehensive list of the degree
programs the School offers:

Program Information	 B.Sc.	 M.Sc.	 Ph.D.	 
Clinical Nutrition	  	 	  	 
Community Nutrition	  	 	  	 
Food Safety and Hygiene

Nutritional Sciences

Program Exists at SUMS	 Program Exists at SUMS	 Program Exists at SUMS
School of Nutrition and Food Sciences enjoys a wide of range of
educational and research facilities including but not limited to:

*	
	
	 laboratories for nutrition research, food microbiology, food
chemistry, and anthropometry
*	
	
	 The Library of the Faculty of Nutrition with 9601 volumes of
Persian books and 3573 volumes of English books (joint with
	 the Faculty of Health) and a total of 100 printed theses. 
*	
	
	 An electronic library with over 100 electronic books.

SUMS School of Nutrition and Food Sciences provides purposeful and
conducive facilities to promote student and staff participation in
recreational and sports activities:

*	Prayer hall
*	An amphitheater
*	A library
*	A sports field
*	A gym
*	A parking lot are used jointly with the School of Health

Contact Details

Dean: Dr. Siyavash Babajafari

Tel.: (+98 71) 37 25 80 99

:  [email-masked] Address

Address: School of Nutrition and Food Sciences, Razi Blvd., Shiraz, Iran

Zip Code: 71348–14336