Subject: School of Health
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18849      Publish Date : Saturday, April 16, 2022 Visit : 12006 

School of Health 

School of Health 

School of Health Sciences

About

SUMS School of Health Sciences dates back to the 1984 founding of a
higher education Institution in Kavar, Fars province, called Kavar
Public Health Institution. The Institution, which was affiliated with
Shiraz University, trained students in Public Health (A.Sc.) and
Medical Records Administration (A.Sc.). In 1989, the Institute was
transferred to Shiraz and continued its activities under the Name of
the School of Health Sciences. The School, since then, has been
offering a diverse range of majors in A.Sc., B.Sc., M.Sc., and Ph.D.
degree programs; however, students in the A.Sc. Programs are currently
educated at Kavar branch of SUMS School of Health Sciences.

Located on Razi Boulevard in the southeast of Shiraz in an area of
17549 square meters with about 10000 square meters of constructed
buildings, the school has currently 42 full-time academic staff within
eight departments; Epidemiology, Health Promotion, Vector Biology and
Control of Diseases (VBCD), Public Health, Occupational Health and
Safety Engineering, Environmental Health engineering, M.P.H., and
Ergonomics. Moreover, approximately 681 students are studying in
different majors in B.Sc., M.Sc., and Ph.D. levels. In terms of
diversity and the number of majors offered, the school is the
second-largest health faculty at the national level.

 

Programs:

SUMS School of Health Sciences is a leading provider of healthcare
education and applied healthcare research, offering outstanding
teaching and clinical facilities in the heart of Shiraz. In the
following you can find a comprehensive list of the programs offered at
SUMS School of Health Sciences:

 
Program Name

B.Sc.	 M.Sc.	 Ph.D.	 
Ageing Health

 	 Program Exists at SUMS	  	 
Environmental Health Engineering

 	 Program Exists at SUMS	 	 
Epidemiology

 	 Program Exists at SUMS	 Program Exists at SUMS	 
Ergonomics

 	 Program Exists at SUMS	 Program Exists at SUMS	 
Health Education and Health Promotion

 	 Program Exists at SUMS	 Program Exists at SUMS	 
Medical Entomology and Vector Control

 	 Program Exists at SUMS	  	 
Occupational Health Engineering

 	 Program Exists at SUMS	 Program Exists at SUMS	 

 

Campus Facilities

From provisions for research and education through to recreation and
welfare facilities showcase SUMS endeavor to make experience at the
University as professional and enjoyable as possible. Continual
investment in facilities should be made by different schools to
contribute to the accomplishment of this goal. Therefore, the School of
Health Sciences contains the following facilities available for SUMS
community use:  

Educational Facilities

*	18 classrooms
*	1 amphitheater with a capacity of 120 persons
*	1 video conference room
*	1 conference hall
*	23 laboratories and equipment including:
*	Human Ergonomics Laboratory
*	Medical Entomology Laboratory
*	Insectarium Laboratory
*	Instrumental Analysis Laboratory
*	Hydraulic Laboratory
*	Microbiology Laboratory
*	Industrial Toxicology Laboratory
*	Waste Management Laboratory
*	Industrial Safety Laboratory
*	Industrial Ventilation Laboratory
*	GIS and Epidemiology Laboratory
*	Mass Media Laboratory
*	Air Pollution Laboratory
*	Physical Factors Laboratory
*	Chemical Factors Laboratory
*	Optical Microscope Laboratory
*	PCR Equipment
*	Environmental Chemistry Site
*	Duplicator
*	Entomology Museum
*	Microscope Connected Computer
*	Aspirator
*	Environmental Spray Equipment
*	1 Library
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18809/Avicenna-Library> 
*	2 computing sites
*	1 GIS center

Recreation and Welfare Facilities

*	A sports club & Gym with separate hours for males and females
*	A multi-purpose sports field in 860 m2
*	Ping-pong tables
*	Praying halls with a capacity of 60 prayers
*	Students’ dining hall with a capacity of 90 seats
*	School Welfare Buffet with printing services and groceries

Contact Details

Dean: Dr. Abooalfazl Azhdarpoor Esfandabadi

Email: [email-masked]

Address: School of Health Sciences, Razi Blvd., Shiraz, Iran

Zip Code: 71348-14336

Tel.: (+98 71) 37 25 10 01

For more detailed information please visit School of Health Sciences
official website <https://schealthen.sums.ac.ir/> .