Subject: Tuition, Fees and Expenses_test
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18853      Publish Date : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 Visit : 12338 

Tuition, Fees and Expenses_test 

Tuition, Fees and Expenses 
This page contains some information on SUMS tuition, fees and expenses. 

Tuition Fees and Expenses for Academic Year 2022-2023

 

Although Shiraz is one of the largest cities in Iran, cost of living
here is almost affordable. This makes Shiraz a perfect destination for
students. However, as an international student, you need to verify that
you have the funds for your tuition and living costs during your stay
as a student. You might either introduce a sponsor who will pay for
your expenses or you will afford the costs yourself.

Table of Expenses

The following is the list of expenses for students admitted to Shiraz
University of Medical Sciences (SUMS). Note that all the following are
valid only for the academic year 2022-2023. Please note that ALL
expenses including the tuition fee, are to pay in its entirety at the
beginning of each academic year.

Table of Expenses

Tuition and Expenses	 Payment Amount

(U.S dollar)

Payment Type	 
Application Fee

 20*

 Once

Furnished Accommodation
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18361/Accommodations> **+Utilities***

3500*

 Yearly

Insurance <http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18364/Healthcare-Insurance-> 

100

 Yearly

Tuition Fee

Listed in the Following Tables

-

 Total

3620+Tuition Fee

-

* Waived for 2022 prospective undergraduate students

**Please note that SUMS offers accommodation for Winter and Spring
semesters ONLY, i.e., students shall pay for accommodation and
utilities during the Summer break. It is noteworthy to mention that
students who are in their clinical phase of studies and students who
take Summer courses are exempt from paying accommodation fee for the
Summer break. Otherwise, they shall pay ALL related expenses, including
accommodation, Internet, food, etc.

***All students who are residing in SUMS residence halls receive major
utilities including gas, water, and electricity free of charge;
however, they are earnestly asked to be considerate of energy
conservation and in case of excessive utility usage, they shall satisfy
the extra costs reasonably determined by the University.

Note 1: Shiraz University of Medical Sciences will award a variety of
scholarships. All international students are eligible to apply for
these scholarships. To see complete information regarding SUMS
scholarships please click here
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18854/Financial-Aid-and-Scholarships> .

Note 2: In addition to the living expenses pointed out in the above
table (table of expenses) students should be aware that other life
expenses (including items of clothing, books, stationaries, food,
dining out, etc.) for single students is approximately between 200.00
to 300.00 U.S.D. per month. None of SUMS scholarships cover such
expenses.

Tuition Fees

Tuition costs vary depending on the degree program you will be
studying. Tuition fees for each program are set out in the tables below:

Tuition Fees for Undergraduate Programs

School

Degree Programs

Duration

Annual Tuition (USD)

Medicine

Doctor of Medicine (M.D.)

 7 years

6000

Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S.)

5.5-6 years

6000

Dentistry

Doctor of Dental Medicine (D.M.D)

 6 years

6000

Pharmacy

Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.)

 5-6 years

6000

Other

Bachelor's Program

 4 years

4000

 

Tuition Fees for Graduate Programs

Degree Programs

Duration

(years)

Annual Tuition (USD)

Master’s Programs (M.Sc./M.P.H.)

2-3

5000*

Ph.D. Programs

3-5

5000*

Specialty (Medicine and Pharmacy)

3-5

4000-8000**

Specialty (Dentistry)

3-5

4000-8000**

Fellowship

1.5-2

4000-8000**

Subspecialty

2-3

 4000-8000**

*The annual tuition fee is subject to tuition waivers, upon the
approval by the department and the International Education Council
(IEC).

** The annual tuition fee will be determined by the respective
department and the International Education Council (IEC), not exceeding
the defined range. Full or partial tuition waivers are available upon
request and approval by the respective department and IEC.

Tuition Fees for Non-Degree Programs

Degree Programs

Duration

(years)

Tuition (USD)

Post-Doctorate

Determined by the Department

Determined by the Department

Short-Term Training Program

Determined by the Department

Determined by the Department

Medical Elective (Clinical Rotation/Internships)

4-16 Weeks

625.00 per Month

Summer Program

Determined by the Department

Determined by the Department

 

Tuition and Fees Refund Policy

Students who may decide to withdraw permanently from studies at any
point in the academic year will be liable to pay ALL the fees
(including the application fee, tuition fee, accommodation fee,
insurance fee, etc.). Moreover, making any changes to your course will
have implications on your visa status and such students must leave the
country immediately after finishing the check-out process at the Office
of Vice Chancellor for Global Strategies and International Affairs
(GSIA).

*	The above tables feature the application fee, tuition fee,
accommodation fee, insurance fee, etc. for the academic year 2022-2023.
*	The undergraduate applicants who apply via SUMS' official
agents will receive a 5% discount on the first-year tuition fee if
admitted to the University. For more information, click here
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18401/SUMS-Official-Agents> .