Subject: Dr. Masoomeh Eghtedari
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18890      Publish Date : Wednesday, March 3, 2021 Visit : 1518 

Dr. Masoomeh Eghtedari 

Dr. Masoomeh Eghtedari 
	  
Dr. Masoomeh Eghtedari

Hypoxia Training

Research Associate

Department of Health Sciences, Science Building

Ontario Tech University

Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

E-mail Address:  [email-masked]

Phone: +1 (905)721-8668

Address: 2000 Simcoe Street N, Oshawa, Ontario, L1G 0C5

CV

 

Biography 

Dr. Masoomeh Eghtedari is a research associate at Ontario Tech
University in Ontario, Canada.

She studied medicine and ophthalmology at Shiraz Medical School. She is
a board certified ophthalmologist from Iran and Canada. Her field of
interest is ocular pathology and she is a member of Canadian Ophthalmic
Pathology Society.

She completed an ocular pathology fellowship in Iran and attended in a
uveitis/ocular pathology fellowship in Montreal, Canada.

She funded a knowledge- based company in Shiraz focusing on limbal stem
cell research. A patent related to limbal stem cell culture product has
been registered in Iran. Meanwhile, she is one of the funders of ocular
pathology fellowship training program at the Shiraz University of
Medical Sciences in collaboration with Shahid Beheshti University.

She also attended in a Biotechnology program in Ontario, Canada and
graduated with honor.

Currently, she is involved in conducting research projects focusing on
the effect of hypoxia on cells. Furthermore, she is actively involved
in the education of PhD and undergraduate students at the Faculty of
Health Sciences of Ontario Tech University in Canada.

She is also in the process of publishing a color atlas of ocular
pathology.

Research Priorities:

*	Ocular pathology,
*	Cell physiology focusing on hypoxia training

Previous academic collaborations with SUMS:

Dr. Eghtedari was a faculty member of Ophthalmology Department at SUMS
for 16 years (up to 2020). Afterwards, she continued her collaboration
with the department of ophthalmology and Poostchi Eye Research Center
and was involved in educational and research activities of
ophthalmology residents and fellows.

Number and the duration of previous visits to SUMS:

16 years