Subject: International Joint Webinar on “Clinical Diagnosis of Covid-19:Sharing Iran’s and Spain’s Experiences” Successfully Held on July 16th, 2020
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-104      Publish Date : Sunday, July 19, 2020 Visit : 3331 

NEWS | International Joint Webinar on “Clinical Diagnosis of
Covid-19:Sharing Iran’s and Spain’s Experience... 

International Joint Webinar on “Clinical Diagnosis of Covid-19:Sharing
Iran’s and Spain’s Experiences” Successfully Held on July 16th, 2020 
International Joint Webinar on “Clinical Diagnosis of Covid-19:Sharing
Iran’s and Spain’s Experiences” Successfully Held on July 16th, 2020 

International Joint Webinar on 

“Clinical Diagnosis of Covid-19: Sharing Iran’s and Spain’s Experiences”
Successfully Held on July 16th, 2020 

 Joint Webinar on Clinical Diagnosis of Covid-19	  Joint Webinar
on Clinical Diagnosis of Covid-19	 
 Joint Webinar on Clinical Diagnosis of Covid-19	  Joint Webinar
on Clinical Diagnosis of Covid-19	 

An international joint webinar on “Clinical Diagnosis of Covid-19:
Sharing Iran’s and Spain’s Experiences” was successfully held on July
16th, 2020 thanks to the scholarly efforts made by Spanish and Iranian
scholars and physicians.

This webinar, which was organized and held by the Vice-Chancellery for
Global Strategies and International Affairs of Shiraz University of
Medical Sciences (SUMS) and in cooperation with the Spanish Society of
Medical Radiology (SERAM) and the Spanish Society of Internal Medicine
(SEMI), hosted more than 150 virtual participants. SUMS and Spanish
keynote speakers took turns to lecture on different aspects of
Covid-19; the treatments used for ICU patients, the role of imaging
during the pandemic, the registry information of the patients and new
governmental tobacco smoking cessation policies decided in the time of
Covid-19 pandemic.

At the end, SUMS Vice-Chancellor for Global Strategies and
International Affairs, Dr. Nasrollah Erfani concluded the webinar
calling it a significant achievement at national and international
levels. He appreciated keynote speakers’ and attendees’ contributions
and time, and hoped they had come away with useful and rewarding ideas
to enlighten them about diagnosis and treatment of the disease.

To see the list of speakers and the webinar agenda check the following
Table:

International Joint Webinar on 

“The Clinical Diagnosis of Covid-19: Sharing Iran's and Spain’s
Experiences”

 Thursday, July 16, 2020

12:30 Tehran Time/ 10:00 Central European Time 

12:30 - 12:35

Tehran Time

Introduction to the Webinar

Dr. Sepideh Sefidbakht

Moderator

12:35 - 13:00

Tehran Time

“The Evolving Role of Imaging During COVID-19 Pandemic: The Iranian
Experience”

Dr. Sepideh Sefidbakht

Professor of Radiology, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences

13:00 - 13:30

Tehran Time

“Spain’s Experience Against the COVID-19: Impact of Radiology in
Pandemic Fight”

Dr. Pablo Valdés Solís

President of the Spanish Society of Medical Radiology (SERAM), Spain

Radiologist, Hospital Costa del Sol, Marbella, Spain

13:30 - 14:00

Tehran Time

“Iran’s Experience of Intensive Care Management for COVID-19 Patients”

Dr. Vahid Khaloo

Anesthesiologist, Fellowship of ICU, Shiraz University of Medical
Sciences

14:00 -14:30

Tehran Time

‘The SEMI-COVID Registry: What Was Learnt in Spain During the COVID-19
Pandemic”

Dr. Juan Miguel Antón Santos

Internist, Hospital Infanta Cristina, Spain

14:30 -15:00

Tehran Time

“Epidemiological Data from the COVID-19 Outbreak in Spain for the
Promotion of Tobacco Smoking Cessation Policies”

Dr. Javier Correa Vázquez

PhD candidate in Neuroscience, University of Bordeaux, France

15:00 -15:10

Tehran Time

Conclusion

Dr. Sepideh Sefidbakht

Moderator