Subject: SUMS Climbs 104 Places: The Webometrics Reports
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-109      Publish Date : Wednesday, August 5, 2020 Visit :
1991 

NEWS | SUMS Climbs 104 Places: The Webometrics Reports 

SUMS Climbs 104 Places: The Webometrics Reports 
SUMS Climbs 104 Places: The Webometrics Reports 

SUMS Climbs 104 Places: The Webometrics Reports

Webometric

The "Ranking Web of World Research Centers" published the 2020 list of
top universities including more than 30000 universities worldwide in
July. According to this report, with a rise of 104 spots, Shiraz
University of Medical Sciences (SUMS) ranked 1215st among the world
universities and 5th among medical Universities in Iran.

Since 2004, the Webometrics Ranking of World Universities, also known
as Ranking Web of Universities has biannually been releasing an almost
comprehensive list of top universities across the globe. The ranking
system evaluates universities based on quantitative results derived
from the main search engines such as Scimago, Ahrefs Majestic, Live
Search, Exalead, Yahoo Search, Google, and Google Scholar Citations.
The Webometrics’ indicators; further, embrace presence, visibility,
transparency, and excellence, each receiving a different weight based
on a rigid formula.

The web performances of institutions revealed by the Webometrics not
only demonstrate the universities’ academic status but also motivates
them to promote the volume and quality of their electronic
publications. The equitable assessment and scholarly criteria which do
not solely rely on number of visits or page design but focus on global
performance closely correlate with evidence of the quality of education
provided by the evaluated institutions and their research performance.